Thread: Ls-1 Rx7 Tune

Tuner in Training

Ls-1 Rx7 Tune

I am kind of new to this. Only tuned a few cars. Buddy bought this RX with a 234 dur 114 lobe cam, BBk intake with 80 mm Tb.
    Green tops and longtubes. Won't start on its own. Needs throttle to start. Then idles ok at 900 with in15 secs. Also cruise controls to 1200 untill you almost stop. Auto trans. He is going to drop it off next week for a few days. I will then post a few scans but for now here is the tune if someone could give me a few hints. I have all of Greg Banish's books and both of his DVD's. I am still kind of lost. Sure a lot to learn. LOL
    THanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have a hunch that you're lean and trying to compensate with airflow. Try this. If the car starts and runs better, then use it as a base to tune from. Greg's vids don't have all the info that we have in the stickies up top. read through them and learn more for free. .
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks I will look at the file. The start problem you think is being to lean? How about the cruise high idle deal? Throttle cracker maybe?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhertel View Post
    Thanks I will look at the file. The start problem you think is being to lean? How about the cruise high idle deal? Throttle cracker maybe?
    Thanks
    Your commanded idle airflow is really high. You need to log your STIT's and temporarily 0 out your adaptive tables that allow the LTIT's in the Idle airflow section. They're all down the middle and if you place your cursor over them, you'll see LTIT mentioned in the description. Address your RAF (base running airflow) and get your STIT's down to something closer to nothing and then see where you're at with the cruise control issue.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner in Training
    idlecold.hplidlewarm.hplvinceRX7+42lb_inj-posted.hptOk. Got the car. Did a few scans and here is the tune. E-85. Cruise control gone but now wont idle by its self right away. Why are the cold air flow in the scans so high i wonder? SHould I change the table to match ? Sure could use some help.

Tuner in Training

Here they are

Not sure what happened. But here are the files.

I have no reference to what is going on with your fueling. You need to set the min spark advance to -10 from 0-2000RPM in the retard tab under spark. You need to make sure your fueling is spot-on and then worry about airflow from here. You have your IAC maxed out at 310 on startup and that's why the STITs continue to climb, because it cannot open any further. Your warm idle has more reasonable IAC counts which makes me believe you don't have a throttle blade adjustment issue. Disable your LTFT's. Disable the MAF and get your VE dialed in. (hint: it only works on the secondary VE in open loop so don't go making Primary adjustments and looking for results). Once your fuel is on the money see what you have left for airlfow. If you don't have a wideband, buy one. If you do and are logging it, add it to the chart so I can read it. Add STFT's and front 02's to the table and chart if they're installed too.

Tuner in Training
    Yep seems to be pig rich. Trims are -18 but wide ban is 1.02. Tried to find air leak but can't hear or see any. (Soapy water). Will try to get Ve and then double Check Maf then back to no cold start. Thanks will post again when I get time to drive it.