Thread: Spark table help with scaled tune

Spark table help with scaled tune

I changed my LS2 heads out for some ported/polished LSA heads so I'm doing some re-tuning. Specs are in my sig. I'm running OLSD with a 50% scaled tune.

I noticed when giving 40%-60% throttle in a tall gear (say 5th) that it would cut out slightly. Air/fuel was good, so I checked spark and it was reading extremely low, like 11*. I thought it might be the "Piston Slap" table, so I zeroed it out. Still did it. The spark tables in the Histogram Display is showing the Cylinder Airmass readings properly scaled by 50%. In my Chart Display and Table Display it is showing the Cylinder Airmass unscaled.

In the pic above my Chart Display is showing Cylinder Airmass at 0.54 g/cyl and the Histogram Display is showing approximately half at 0.28. I assumed that the Histogram Display is directly related to the Main Spark vs Airmass vs RPM tables, which are scaled 50%. What I found is the ECM is using the Airmass readings that are displayed in the Chart Display. So, in the pictures the Histogram Display is showing Airmass @ 0.28 and RPM @ 2000. In the Spark Tables this should be 24*. The actual timing is 19* which is the Commanded Timing for Airmass @ 0.52 and RPM @ 2000. This trend is consistent throughout with some some places showing 11* when commanding 28*. Have I left something out when scaling my tune?

log.JPGspark table.JPG

Last edited by 2000C-5; 05-15-2013 at 06:47 PM.
    2005 C-6

Specs:

- '05 Z51 'vette 'vert
    - Z06 ass end
    - MN6
    - forged, stroked to a 404
    - Procharger D1SC @ ~16 psi
    - 235/242 614/624 115 lsa
    - 83# Seimens injectors (with proper Banish info)
    - 2.5 bar OS w/2.5 bar MAP
    - twin walbros
    - Kooks, 3", Corsa
    - Meth

Did you scale spark?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Delete all Maf pids from your table display. Then the spark histogram will be correct.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Did you scale spark?
    Yes, they are scaled.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Delete all Maf pids from your table display. Then the spark histogram will be correct.

Russ Kemp
    The Spark Histogram is reading correct. The Table Display is incorrect and the ECM is using this Airmass reading when looking at the Spark Tables.
    Thanks Russ, I'll try that this afternoon when I get home.