Thread: Max boost

Potential Tuner

Max boost

My 2012 sonic 1.4 is currently boosting around 25 to 30lbs. Was running 20lbs until I put a cold air intake on. Now it want to boost higher. What's the top boost I can run?

Potential Tuner
    Also on a hp tuners tune.

Advanced Tuner
    You sure you're really boosting that high? 5 to 10lbs from throwing a CAI on there seems bizarre.
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
    You sure you're really boosting that high? 5 to 10lbs from throwing a CAI on there seems bizarre.
    Yeah I have a prosport gauge and from the log itself

Potential Tuner
    And from changing the gap between maf and turbo.

Tuner in Training
    Did you tune it yourself? 25-30 is already more than most people run. Perhaps your reading absolute pressure?
    Changing the distance from the MAF to the turbo should not affect boost levels. However changing the size of the pipe and/or the orientation of the MAF may affect fueling.
    Im not sure how far you could push the little turbo. The most (besides from you) I have heard of anyone running is 23 psi, I believe it required a few modifications to be safe.

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds sketchy. The 1.4t runs pretty lean on factory settings, and i noticed my fuel trims went leaner with the CAI I'm running (zzp). The stock injectors seem to run out up top around 19-20 psi. The stock IC system heats up quite quickly at boost levels above stock (I've seen 90* IATs on a 60* ambient day).

If you are really running 25-30psi, I'd strongly recommend having it re-tuned to ~20psi for longevity's sake.
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

I would be willing to bet this dudes name is Justin. I belive I tuned the car. Could be wrong but matches the discription perfect. Dont you think it would be wise to just give me a call or text to get me to re tune the car? It would be wise on your part to do so if you added all those parts since the tune. And if its boosting that high I would bet you have a vacuum line off going to the wastegate or boost controller most likely. And yes I added fuel "remapped the PE" for the 17psi you were getting back then "about a year ago...well two days after support came out"
    Last edited by silverbullet08; 05-14-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph