Thread: Gen4 VVT Wot Disable?

Gen4 VVT Wot Disable?

So I have a Holden Commodore 6.0 v8. Now it has VVT tables........ I have zeroed them out once before for a trial and tried it without any VVT which I know you need a VVT removal kit for the engine to to run permenantly.

But my question is this. My engine is a L76....... now I noticed the L99 Camaro's run 0 in the VVT table above I think 64g just in the WOT area and then slowly bring it on around 3000rpm.....

Do you think I should be able to remove my VVT timing on my L76 in a similar way? Reason being is it hauls like a bat out of hell without the VVT gear enabled......

Whats peoples thoughts on this? I basically want to 0 out 0-3000rpm mostly and then leave the stock VVT in place which slowly climbs from 3-12 there..... so I get more torque and power in the lower RPM area under WOT.
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 05-06-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

I'm confused, L76 isn't fitted with VVT. It did have the hardware for DOD/AFM at varying levels in the various models since 2006. Same, same with L99, it's just the AFM version of the LS3. So, the VVT tables should have no effect on final timing unless they have some adder effect when the input is defaulted to zero or whatever. Or are you trying to use the VVT tables as a timing modifier??