Thread: Bad MAF? (LNF)

Tuner in Training

Bad MAF? (LNF)

Or something else?

Spike.png

Everything seems ok, then the MAF suddenly reads 45lbs/min and the fueling goes rich. The frequency hardly changes at all though. I let off as soon as possible.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SloFive; 05-05-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Tuner
    Wow...Ive never seen desired and actual fuel pressure so close like yours. And right on the money too! I'm confused though as how you are showing 9.2.ms inj. and your not getting any misfiring,etc.? I'm new to this so I'm still learning and asking questions.

Tuner in Training
    That was my first log after switching to V2.24. The actual pressure PID was not working.

I added the log to the first post.

I think you may have water or oil on your MAF... clean it and log again.

--Christian

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNITE View Post
    I think you may have water or oil on your MAF... clean it and log again.

--Christian
    That's a possibility. I did clean it before the log, however, and I let it sit in front of a fan for about an hour. There was an oil film on it (I have a relocated MAF, by the way). I was getting random P0101 codes along with 'hanging' idle. Cleaning it seemed to take care of those issues. I have a PRS oil separator installed now, so I shouldn't have any more problems with oil. I was also getting some EVAP codes (hard to start after refuelling, fluctuations in LFTF). I have replaced the purge solenoid and that seems to have fixed that issue as well.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Every time I've cleaned a maf in an attempt to rescue it they all go bad. The wires are coated and 99% of the maf cleaners eat at the coating. It's highly possible it's done.