Thread: 2008 Tahoe VATS menu not in System General

Potential Tuner

2008 Tahoe VATS menu not in System General

Hi, I am working on a 70 Chevy truck with a 2008 5.3l from a 2008 Chevy Tahoe (V8) with an aftermarket harness. After reading the ECM and opening the file there is no VATS menu in the System General file. There is only Starter Diag and Clutch interlock tabs, and the the Alternator section. Am I blind? I found the DOD section and Rear O2 sensor sections I was looking for. I also read a thread on 2007 Silverado's not being supported. I have VCM Suite 2.23.474 BETA. Is a 2008 Tahoe supported by HP Tuner? Mike

Advanced Tuner
    Id start with downloading the latest 2.24 from your Customer Central page, I dont know if that will have the tables you're looking for but I do know that's a pretty old beta version now (especially with 2.24 being released).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

look under Operating System, it's in there becuase it requires an OS patch and a write entire to work. There are two values to change, apply them both.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    look under Operating System, it's in there becuase it requires an OS patch and a write entire to work. There are two values to change, apply them both.

Chris...
    That was it, Great support. Thank you.

Tuner in Training
    I have same probleme but in Operation systeme there is nothing
    the vehicule has alcoolic tester
    i can't diisable vats and the vehicule not work
    is a cobalt 2008 2.2 lt manuel

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by gosselin958 View Post
    I have same probleme but in Operation systeme there is nothing
    the vehicule has alcoolic tester
    i can't diisable vats and the vehicule not work
    is a cobalt 2008 2.2 lt manuel
    a. this is a v8 section which really doesn't have much to do with your 4 cyl cobalt application.
    b. go to edit-view-set to advanced as the most common reason to NOT see those tables is the rookie mistake of trying to do something uncommon when they have their setup set to beginner or something.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I swapped computers in my saturn sky that ive been tuning do to the computer going bad im also trying to figure out how to make the new computer work in my car.? Any help? With vats vin etc? The new computer I'm using to test is from a sky I've also been tuning also so I have access to both computers.