Thread: LD9 needs s/c flash just turbo'd

LD9 needs s/c flash just turbo'd

I just finished turboing my z24 and to flash it. now i know i need to s/c flash it but not sure how to flash it to s/c flash.. do i buy the license for the reflash and just copy it to my car?
    thats the only thing holding me back from tuning my car. i just dont wanna waste 2 credits if anyone can help i will greatly appreciate it.

Senior Tuner
    Just tune it the way it is or goto repository and get a stock SC file and compare and copy over the differences to get a head start.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Open a tune u wish to compare. When it ask for credits say no thanks. Now copy and paste what u want
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

oh ok thanks guys

No, no, no, no.

A stock jbody is alpha-n, gm ld9 reflash is speed density. Copy over will not work.

What year is your car?

its an 01

Quote Originally Posted by white Z24 View Post
    its an 01

You can have the GM reflash loaded on your car by 1 of 2 ways.

1. Have a GM dealer load it on your car (since you do not have the GM charger you could have a hard time with this), if you have a GM contact you could likely get this done for under $100.

2. Get a copy of the GM reflash and flash it to your car with HPT. This requires your car as it is now to have credits, and the GM reflash file to have credits. So 4 credits.

This will give you the best option for tuning (without going standalone). You can tune your car on the factory OS, but the GM reflash is much better.

ok so all i have to do is download the s/c reflash and buy the license for it? and i already have the credit for my car right now

Quote Originally Posted by white Z24 View Post
    ok so all i have to do is download the s/c reflash and buy the license for it? and i already have the credit for my car right now

Yes then you flash the GM reflash to your car. You will then need to set that file up for your car. injectors etc.. Also that reflash is setup to work with a 2 bar map sensor. Stock we have a one bar map sensor. If you do not have the 2 bar map the car is not going to run right. So get a 2 bar map sensor also.

Ok thank you.. Isn't there a way to fake the 2 bar?

The 2 bar fake is for when you running ALpha-N, and truly your only faking your self in doing that.

Get a 2 bar map sensor, you will thank yourself later for it.

Ok thanks for all the info