Thread: wideband install loaction on gto ls2 stock exhaust

Tuner in Training

wideband install loaction on gto ls2 stock exhaust

new kid here' just bought myself the hptuners pro/with a afx wideband
    so my questions are' where should i install the afx wideband o2 sensor on stock exhaust?
    the car is basically stock 2006 GTO 6speed' with a cold air intake and magnaflow cat back'
    i just got done installing the software'
    i want to start tuning in the AFR' but with the stock exhaust there is absolutely nowhere to install the wideband 'the only place i have is either the front o2which is really close to the manifold less then 6" from the engine which seems way to close to put a wideband sensor, or i could install the wideband on the rear o2 which is after the catts' which i heard is not a good idea either' but im really limited on where i can install the wideband
    so if i use the rear o2' would i get a false reading cause its post catt?
    just wondering what my options are with the stock exhaust'
    i know it would be really easy with a set of kooks headers with a bung installed' but the parts fund is at 0' right now
    well any help' would be greaty appreciated

Tuner in Training
    You need to have an additional bung installed, any muffler shop can do this for you. Mine is on the drivers side manifold. Shouldn't cost to much.

Pic of where mine is.

Pic of angle it needs to be installed at.

Tuner in Training
    I cant really tell where you had that bung welded in '
    is it before the catts on the driver side ?

That picture is in the exhaust manifold before the cats. If you end up with Kooks Signature series headers for your Goat, they have an extra bung in them for a wideband.

Tuner in Training
    oh' ok , is it safe to put the wideband sensor in front of the stock front sensor cause that's really the only spot I have room to put a bung in'
    yea once is get enough money im going to go with the kooks' with a bung already installed

Tuner in Training
    That's how mine is. You can see the front O2 sensor on the other side of the pipe about an inch below it. I didn't want anything obstructing the readings to my wideband.

Eventually I will get a set of ARH with a bung already installed.