Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot get STFT's to shut off. Help Bill

Cannot get STFT's to shut off. Help Bill

Ok this is the OS that did not have the 2barr enhancement option. HP Tuners got the oddball working for me.

Now that I am close to finishing the tune I set everything to let the STFT's and LTFT's to operate.

I posted three log files and three tunes. Log file ending with 8 goes with tune 8, and log 9 goes with tune 9, etc.

As you can see on 8 & 9 The STFT's are making the AFR go lean under boost. Log 10 is with the closed loop turned off. The AFR is a little rich but tracks evenly and does not drift lean.

What am I missing here? I cannot find anything in tune 8 or 9 that is causing this.

Can it be something with the fix HP Tuners missed?

Attached are the logs and the tunes. I will wait to send this data to help support until after everyone has a chance to make sure it is not something I am missing.

Thanks everyone.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2002 WS6 TA, 408, L92 heads, Holley Modular High Ram, 120# injectors, Fast 92mm tb, 9.5:1 compression with Ross Pistons, built 4L80E with T-Brake, Circle D 4C Billet 245mm stall, Moser 9" with 3.70 gears. Front mounted GT-88 with Front Mount Intercooler, 3BarSD tuning by me.
    DIY Dual Walbro 340 fuel pumps.

Here is the last one
    2002 WS6 TA, 408, L92 heads, Holley Modular High Ram, 120# injectors, Fast 92mm tb, 9.5:1 compression with Ross Pistons, built 4L80E with T-Brake, Circle D 4C Billet 245mm stall, Moser 9" with 3.70 gears. Front mounted GT-88 with Front Mount Intercooler, 3BarSD tuning by me.

Bill?

Anyone have any ideas?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    try setting the ltft max to -40f
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I will try it this evening.

Thanks

I tried it. It did not work.

When it enters Boost PE the commanded AFR is changing to the Desired AFR but the STFT's are not going to and holding at 0. It acts like the PCM is not going from Closed Loop to Open Loop when we enter PE.

Here is the log and tune.

This truck is a stock truck used to tow his boat and camping trailer to and from the lake. So it really needs the STFT's and LTFT's to work when not in PE in order for him to get the best fuel mileage. A SD Open Loop only tune will not work for him. It is not a racing application at all.

What have I missed? Do I need to contact support?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Let me ask you this, are you trying to run in Open loop speed density or closed loop speed density?

Tuning in open loop speed density but wanting it to run in non PE areas in closed loop speed density. So after tuning turned closed loop back on.

Final Boosted fine tuning we have not completed yet. Plan to do that after all driving areas are done and all bugs worked out. Will finish while on dyno and last while pulling heaviest trailer load for verification.

But expect final produce to be closed loop speed density.
    Last edited by Texas_WS6; 05-02-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Help please

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas_WS6 View Post
    Tuning in open loop speed density but wanting it to run in non PE areas in closed loop speed density. So after tuning turned closed loop back on.

Final Boosted fine tuning we have not completed yet. Plan to do that after all driving areas are done and all bugs worked out. Will finish while on dyno and last while pulling heaviest trailer load for verification.

But expect final produce to be closed loop speed density.
    So you are running closed loop speed density, in that case you'll want to ENABLE the trims, not disable them.

Senior Tuner
    I think his concern is;
    When going into PE the fuel trims max out taking away fuel instead of locking in when entering PE.

maybe log PE and fuel cell bits.

I thought that is what I did in .8.hpt, .8.hpl . The original tune had the STFT's enabled during Open Loop operation. I switched that setting to Disabled so that it would not adjust the fueling during Open Loop operation. As you can see on all those logs the STFT's still change the fueling when we should be in Open Loop.

I do not see what I have missied that is still letting the STFT's make fuel changes during Open Loop, I have also looked to see if I need to change something to command Open Loop that I have missed and I do not see anything.

What am doing wrong?

That is what i am trying to say.

I cannot find anyplace I missed that is causing this. I will try as you sugest and log the PE and fuel cell bits. I will post my results.

In the mean time if someone finds what I missed please speak up.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    strange I don't see anything that would cause it to do that. It's clearly entering PE......but at the same time it's not.

can you post your stock file too?

is there a reason you haven't maxed out your dynamic airflow high rpm disable?
    Last edited by GPGTP; 05-03-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

A little history on this PCM. It is an oddball config from GM so to speak. When I first hooked up to it with HP Tuners I was able to download it and I was able to license it and tune it. But our application is forced induction so we needed to change the OS to 2barr. Unfortunately since this is an oddball from GM the enhancements were not offered.

HP Tuners did unlock this at my request. I am very gratefully they did so, so PLEASE don't take this negatively.

I am thinking there is some internal glitch with the fix. I just cannot find anything I missed.

Here is the config I am using.

Anyone ? Help? We are still having this issue.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Relax, I'll have our head engineer take a look when he has a moment, your last 5 or so posts were over the weekend so responses from us will be few & far between.

I will do. Sorry if it looks like I am getting over the top. I do not mean to come off like that.

I guess it does not look like something I left out. Which is what I figured it would be.

Thanks again everyone. I will wait patiently for the fix.

Change the PE enable torque to 0% (your tune is at 100%) Also set the Enrichment Rate to 4.
    I would set the PE Throttle/Pedal > Cold table to 0 and set the PE Map enable to 90-100 kpa.

Why does the VE table only go to 105 kpa with the 2 bar os?

Russ Kemp