Thread: need help to tuning e38 for ls7 maf

Tuner in Training

Question need help to tuning e38 for ls7 maf

at first i have 06 silverado with lq4 engine and e38 ecm, the mods is just an exhaust system and custom 96mm air intake filter with spectre cone , i did install the ls7 card style maf with an adapter connecter.
    after maf installation i did tune the car for maf calibration airflow vs. frequency table , for sure i did use custom histogram in the scanner.

But i have faced in daily drive thats the engine is going to dancing like a big cam when the car in idle and low speeds (0~10 mile) after some searching through this forum i did find thats there some people faced same problem who install larger intake pipes (like mine 96mm) and the solution is to install a honeycomb, i did buy it from SaxonPC.com 3/4 inch thick, installed, re tuned, the problem reduced, but i noticed thats the problem is coming usually after some driving when the car going to stop and shift quickly the gear from D to N or P its coming again.

then i did make some change to engine>idle>airflow>base running airflow>idle airflow table, i did increased the volumes by .25 g/sec by highlighting all cells, problem reduced a little bit but still there!!

so what do you think guys thats i did missed ?
    and how can i change IAT calibration table?

my hpt file is attached>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ridanakr; 04-29-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Tuner in Training
    any idea pleeeeease

Advanced Tuner
    You need to post a log as well along with your cfg. To change the IAT calibration go to Engine Diagnostics>Airflow, there you will see IAT Sensor Cal.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLoch View Post
    You need to post a log as well along with your cfg. To change the IAT calibration go to Engine Diagnostics>Airflow, there you will see IAT Sensor Cal.
    ok i will try to get a log file today.
    the IAT sensor Cal table i know it but the table values is with percentage, so my question is based on what i can change (re Cal) these percentages values ? since IAT sensor cal table in camaro & corvette (voltage values) has diff lables than my own table (percentage values) ?? i need someone to guide me in this issue.

Tuner in Training
    sorry for late to attach the cfg and log files, but yesterday i did found a mistake in the histogram thats i'm using to Cal VE main table , make the needed correction , re Cal the VE table and every thing is ok.

But i still need some help to how Cal the IAT table since IAT sensor cal table in camaro & corvette (showing voltage values) has diff lables than my own table (percentage values) ?? i need someone to guide me in this issue please.

Tuner in Training
    any idea!!

You can edit the axis of that table.
    Use stock ls3 tune (from repository), edit your axis to match and then paste values