Thread: Tuning out positive trims with dynamic airflow enabled?

Tuning out positive trims with dynamic airflow enabled?

Ok, so for all the cars I usually tune with cams or other extensive mods I prefer to tune straight MAF and disable dynamic airflow. This also seems to work quite well with even bolt-on cars as far as responsiveness and a nice smooth power delivery.

I was wondering about the methodology to bring trims inline from slightly negative to zero while still leaving dynamic airflow enabled under 4,000 rpm's. Does adjusting the MAF table based upon the necessary changes still impact fueling in the same way as it does with DA disabled all the time?

Is there any benefit to tuning a stock or bolt-on Gen IV V8 in dynamic airflow mode versus straight MAF?

Advanced Tuner
    You would need to tune them both seperately to the same -3-0 error. best to use a loaded dyno to get it that close, if they are not both spot on, they tend to fight each other when both enabled.

-Carl

Since there is no actual VE table in most of the newer VCM's, what parameter(s) do I need to adjust to increase fueling in dynamic mode when trims are positive? What parameters would I log to make the proper adjustments, if any besides the usual ones when tuning straight MAF.