Thread: c6 eforce part throttle cruise problem

Advanced Tuner

c6 eforce part throttle cruise problem

Hey guys,

ive got a 06 c6 automatic that we just put an edlebrock Eforce blower on.

The kit comes with a new ls7 card style maf, we are running the FIC 60lb @ 3bar injectors, and hitting about 10psi of boost.

At wot, the car is fine. AFR is right about 11.3 or so. However, while at cruise, the AFR fluctuates the entire range of my wideband. (NGK AFX) This is while tuning in open loop/maf only. It does it in SD as well.

If I make a change to the maf curve (or VE calculations), it doesn't seem to have any effect on the way the car runs.

Is there something I'm missing? I've done a couple of these kits on manual trans cars, so my thought is that there might be something in the transmission tables I'm not seeing.

I don't have a log of the problem right now, but I will try to get one. I attached the tune file as well.

Any help would be great for when I jump on this thing fresh Monday morning.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by doc350; 04-26-2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: forgot to attach tune....

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    why does your Cylinder Volume calculate to a 4.5 liter engine?

Advanced Tuner
    It maybe scaled because of injector limit. Anyway, with Gen IV it does not matter.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    a log would better help diagnose your issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by doc350 View Post
    At wot, the car is fine. AFR is right about 11.3 or so. However, while at cruise, the AFR fluctuates the entire range of my wideband. (NGK AFX) This is while tuning in open loop/maf only. It does it in SD as well.

If I make a change to the maf curve (or VE calculations), it doesn't seem to have any effect on the way the car runs.

Is there something I'm missing? I've done a couple of these kits on manual trans cars, so my thought is that there might be something in the transmission tables I'm not seeing.
    Sounds like a mechanical problem. Vacuum or exhaust leak perhaps?

Does your WB in any way follow narrowband signals while cruising? How about LTFT's and STFT's?

Very difficult to say anything without logs.