Thread: BCM EDIT POSSIBLE? 6l80 program of virgin computer from factory?

BCM EDIT POSSIBLE? 6l80 program of virgin computer from factory?

Guys Im asking you because I dont know anybody else to turn to. I need to be able to edit the BCM functions nothing real crazy. I have a very strong need to modify door locks on all late model gm trucks and cars I get a request for this daily. I would be willing to pay extra or buy whatever extra hardware it would take! Also a huge thing would be the ability to eliminate or modify scrolling messages in the message center this would be huge! Im willing to pay and Im sure others are too.

Another request is to be able to program 6l80 tranny computers for initial startup. I.E. I just had a customer purchase a new 6l80e from GM and replace the 6l80 that was in his truck and it would not work. I pulled the tune in the tranny pcm it was complete but the truck was throwing a code saying the tcm needed to be programmed as it turned out I couldnt get it done a GM tech had to do it with a MDI module. If you could help with this I would also be willing to pay!

Thanks for your time I want to be clear Im not demanding anything just asking if yall could think it over it would put yall even further ahead of the competition! Keep up the good work

Kenny Williams

Williams tuning

There is no BCM editing software AFAIK. The dealership will only reprogram a BCM based on the vehicle's VIN, but won't modify specific functions nor disable anything, only a stock reprogramming can be done even if you own a Tech2 or MDi with tech2win sobscription.

However I know it can be done because I was looking for something like that a while ago, but I have not found any commercially available software/cable to do it yourself.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    Guys Im asking you because I dont know anybody else to turn to. I need to be able to edit the BCM functions nothing real crazy. I have a very strong need to modify door locks on all late model gm trucks and cars I get a request for this daily. I would be willing to pay extra or buy whatever extra hardware it would take! Also a huge thing would be the ability to eliminate or modify scrolling messages in the message center this would be huge! Im willing to pay and Im sure others are too.

Another request is to be able to program 6l80 tranny computers for initial startup. I.E. I just had a customer purchase a new 6l80e from GM and replace the 6l80 that was in his truck and it would not work. I pulled the tune in the tranny pcm it was complete but the truck was throwing a code saying the tcm needed to be programmed as it turned out I couldnt get it done a GM tech had to do it with a MDI module. If you could help with this I would also be willing to pay!

Thanks for your time I want to be clear Im not demanding anything just asking if yall could think it over it would put yall even further ahead of the competition! Keep up the good work

Kenny Williams

Williams tuning
    Contact the guy from this website. He does some custom BCM programming.
    http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/

-Greg
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

Yes they have us in a tough spot we cant edit any bcm features without GM'S approaval even with tech 2 or MDI as you stated just dropping a bug in HP tuners ear I would love to see something like this. Hey Greg thanks for you post I will contact him asap thanks guys. Anybody that reads this if your interested post up and let hp tuners know. But maybe its just me and you guys dont have a use for this? Thanks for your help and comments guys

Senior Tuner
    I'd love the ability to play in the BCM. More than willing to pay for a software package that could do it. I don't know the first thing about writing my own software for it.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

MikeOD It looks like its just me and you but it was worth shot to bring it up. Thanks for your support!

Senior Tuner
    Wish I was a better programmer...I'd make a software package to do it lol.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Wish I was a better programmer...I'd make a software package to do it lol.
    Wish I had more time to devote to such a thing, but I'm swamped in dev work already.

Hopefully HPT sees the value in devoting some roadmap to this. I know I'd pay to unlock such features.

I would be all over a BCM editing packing on OBD2 vehicles with and without CAN-BUS

Senior Tuner
    Anything like choosing DRL's (in country's like the US where they are NOT required), defaulting TC/stability control to off rather than on, or competitive mode...windows/sunroof down/up with the keyfob, adding a delayed wipe to the washer fluid to get that last bit of crap that sprays back up on the glass from the wind over the car...actually disabling my backup alarm (rather than just until the next ignition cycle)...disabling TPMS so you don't have lights on the dash when you put your drag wheels on for a few hours...I wish I could do any/all of those.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Anything like choosing DRL's (in country's like the US where they are NOT required), defaulting TC/stability control to off rather than on, or competitive mode...windows/sunroof down/up with the keyfob, adding a delayed wipe to the washer fluid to get that last bit of crap that sprays back up on the glass from the wind over the car...actually disabling my backup alarm (rather than just until the next ignition cycle)...disabling TPMS so you don't have lights on the dash when you put your drag wheels on for a few hours...I wish I could do any/all of those.
    See my post above. He should be able to take care of most of that for you
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

Senior Tuner
    I've tried...he's not offering anything for the Camaro...maybe someday, especially since he's shown some teaser videos, but nothing yet.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner
    I've tried...he's not offering anything for the Camaro...maybe someday, especially since he's shown some teaser videos, but nothing yet.
    And when did you contact me about a custom job? Just because I don't offer it publicly doesn't mean I can't/won't do it I don't have time to add 5th Gen full time to my plate but I can take care of all of this.
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 GTO Spice Red A4
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Custom IPC/BCM/CUE
    2013 XTS4 Custom IPC/BCM/CUE Auto High Beams
    2013 Volt Custom IPC/BCM/Radio

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
    And when did you contact me about a custom job? Just because I don't offer it publicly doesn't mean I can't/won't do it I don't have time to add 5th Gen full time to my plate but I can take care of all of this.
    I e-mailed a couple times, but I guess I mostly just generally asked you when your Camaro stuff would be publicly available.

I'll send you an e-mail now. Thank you!!!
    Last edited by MikeOD; 06-30-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
    I'm going to contact you at some point. I'd kill for the ability to change Gen5 Camaro BCM functions like NPP vs rpm, electric steering assist vs speed, Traction Control default mode, and Hill Start disable.