Thread: Vin number different in tunning

Potential Tuner

Vin number different in tunning

Hi ALL.

I got a Hummer H3 Tunning Map from SCOTT at CAPADrift for a 3.7 supercharge Map.
    I notice that the VIN number he send me regards to MAP is different from my Orignial vehicle VIN.
    Hence i used 2 credit inorder to open the file that he send.

Today, i wanted to flash the Map that he gave me for the very 1st time, i notice the Editor request me for license again.
    Hence, i used up another 2 credit. NVM all this cause i still have 4 credit to go.

My question is this, if i flash the MAP that SCOTT given me with the VIN which is not my vehicle VIN, will this cause an error to the flashing and will i be able to revert back is needed.
    I try to Change the VIN using the flash -> change VIN but the EDITOR prom saying VCM not detected.

Kindly advice regards to the above matter.

Thank you so so much.

mike

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    There is a high probability that it will cause you issues down the line.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Hi.

Pls advice what the solution to this. And what do you mean by issues down the line. (unsuccessful flashing) or what?
    How do we change the VIN from the file he send to me ?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    solution would be to not use the file for anything other than a comparison file. Use YOUR file that you read off of YOUR pcm as YOUR file.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Hi bill.

So if I used the file as a comparison and EDIT MY file value and flash the VCM, this should be ok right.

Question is. What's the procedure if there is another guy giving me a Hptunner file file for a hummer he is driving and I wish to flash into my VCM ?

Bill possible to give me your email address, I send the hptunning file you have a looking and you might know what I am talking abt.
    I am sure there is a short cut to this rather than opening a file and compare and try to making individual changes and edit to my original file.
    Thank you so much for your patient and time.

Mike

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummersg View Post
    Hi bill.

So if I used the file as a comparison and EDIT MY file value and flash the VCM, this should be ok right.

Question is. What's the procedure if there is another guy giving me a Hptunner file file for a hummer he is driving and I wish to flash into my VCM ?

Bill possible to give me your email address, I send the hptunning file you have a looking and you might know what I am talking abt.
    I am sure there is a short cut to this rather than opening a file and compare and try to making individual changes and edit to my original file.
    Thank you so much for your patient and time.

Mike
    I would still use your stock file, and just do the comparison to the tuned file and copy the changes to your file, and safe it with different name to keep your stock tuning file. Then upload your new modified file to you PCM