Thread: Need help tuning gurus....MS3 383 idling woes.

Potential Tuner

Need help tuning gurus....MS3 383 idling woes.

I just dialed in my RAF table per the guide on here and im still having some surging issues at idle. In gear it seems to be pretty happy but in park if I turn the steering wheel it will usually stall or sometimes it just goes into a fit and does it by itself. Here is my scanner and tune files. mods are as follows.

383ci LS1

Fast 90 intake and 90mm throttle body
    PRC 225 heads
    MS3 cam 237/242 114lsa
    42lb gtp injectors
    3600 stall converter
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TROY5061 View Post
    I just dialed in my RAF table per the guide on here and im still having some surging issues at idle. In gear it seems to be pretty happy but in park if I turn the steering wheel it will usually stall or sometimes it just goes into a fit and does it by itself. Here is my scanner and tune files. mods are as follows.

383ci LS1

Fast 90 intake and 90mm throttle body
    PRC 225 heads
    MS3 cam 237/242 114lsa
    42lb gtp injectors
    3600 stall converter
    Probly help if I posted the log too durrr.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I think I figured it out, my wideband reading 14.7-15.0 at idle was not accurate probably due to the cam. Leaned it out another 5-8% and it idles way better. Anyone have any advice on EOIT for me? Im sure this is causing some of it as well.

Tuner in Training
    get it figured out ? as of what ive been reading so far, there is no way to calculate exact advancements of the EOIT but it can make huge changes on big overlap cams and drivability and bottom end tq as often, raw fuel is being scavenged out the exhaust valve and causing bad 02 readings. so i'd slowly advance the EOIT till it cleans up. But im just getting into this tuning deal and still just reading all the Greg Banish material i can get my hands on. lol

I am glad to see someone ask this. I will be installing a ms3 on a 112 in my 6.0 later this year, and was wondering about some of this too since I am new to tuning. Thanks for the info, and I will keep my eye on this thread.