Thread: 2000 5.3 Trickflow 455 HP tune help

2000 5.3 Trickflow 455 HP tune help

I am taking my first real foray into the tuning of LSx engines. I have done the basic stuff, but nothing to this magnitude. I do have a wideband installed.
    Here are the specs:

2000 Chev Silverado ECSB 4x4
    E-Fans
    5.3L
    8.1 Injectors
    trickflow 455 HP topend kit
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-k305-455-425
    FAST LSxRT Intake
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-146602
    102mm TB
    Ebay Cold air intake
    Stock Style MAF
    Longtube headers and corsa exhaust

Runs like dog crap obviously. So far I have done the idle tune listed here:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...8776#post78776

I also have changed the injector settings for those for a 2001 Suburban with a 8.1. I have so far got the truck to idle. and I have a short log of down the road and back. mostly WOT and some cruising. If there is anymore needed I will get it ASAP

Charlie
    Attached Files Attached Files

bueler? anyone?

I used the default CFG file. I just nered some ideas on where to start.

nothing at all?

Advanced Tuner
    I would do ve tuning first.Get that set and then see how she runs. Your timing is really low in the wot areas. You have knock where you shouldn't is there something rattling?when you copied injector table did you change all tables? I have 8.1 injectors and mine work fine. I have a returnless fuel rail so mine is a little different than yours.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    What problem are you having exactly?

I see you haven't done your idle air flow yet, so it's probably not idling right.

I see in your idle spark table it jumps from 18* to 36* timing at 800 and 1200 rpm's.

Not sure what cam you have, but proportional and integral are still set at stock values. Bigger cams can't maintain that tight of idle and it will fight itself.

....That's just a few things I saw right off the top with a quick glance.... Go back to that idle document, follow it to a T. Part of the document shows you how to dial in your idle airflow. ...If it's the document I'm thinking it is. I didn't follow the link....

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gagliano7 View Post
    Your timing is really low in the wot areas.
    Timing table is mostly stock... Except around the idle area, it's 2* higher.

Advanced Tuner
    Oh, one bank is constantly - and the other is almost always +. This tells me you most likely have an exhaust leak, or bad o2 sensor. Fix that first.

there were multiple issues with this truck. The first was extremely low compression on cyl 1. The truck owner took the truck back and is going to fully rebuild the engine. I am going to start over later on in the year. I thank you for your time!

Charlie