Thread: Why Does Nobody Know??

Tuner in Training

Why Does Nobody Know??

I still have no fix for my Idle Hang,

- I have zero'd out the throttle cracker,
    - Raised the MPH for cracker
    - Did the Idle Config

No change, Idle still hangs.

I can't figure it out, its random and doesnt do it all the time.

Running a data log, it shows the IAC is commanded to open, so I know its not a vac leak or a stuck TB......but why???

Someone has to have the knowledge here....

You have a log? Ill take a look

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Still looking for help! I have no idea why it's random!!

Senior Tuner
    Why not post a log and YOUR TUNE

Potential Tuner
    It could be a mechanical problem with the throttle body/wiring and not the tune.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    your idle issues happened because?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    your idle issues happened because?
    Idle hangs randomly @1500 rpms when rolling in neutral and when stopped and continues to hang for about 5 seconds afterwards. It doesn't happen all the time...But a log shows the IAC is commanded to be at about 180 and when it drops, the idle goes back to idle RPMs. So the issue is being commanded...but I don't see why it's random. I had the tune Posted, but "He" complained that I posted it. What I don't get, is he doesn't want to help, but complains when I ask others for help???
    Last edited by badazz81z28; 04-28-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, it sounds like you are having troubles with a tune you paid for, and are using this forum as a leverage against him. There are plenty of people on here who can and will help you, but they don't want to get involved in a dispute.

So you have to decide if you want help here, or you want to keep your tuner happy. If he's not helping you, then cut ties with him and put up your tune and log files and people will help you out. It's no different than calling your doctor and telling him you don't feel well, but refuse to give him any symptoms or details or let him test you.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    Ok, it sounds like you are having troubles with a tune you paid for, and are using this forum as a leverage against him. There are plenty of people on here who can and will help you, but they don't want to get involved in a dispute.

So you have to decide if you want help here, or you want to keep your tuner happy. If he's not helping you, then cut ties with him and put up your tune and log files and people will help you out. It's no different than calling your doctor and telling him you don't feel well, but refuse to give him any symptoms or details or let him test you.

Not really...I didn't once mention any issues with the tuner nor his name. He brought up his own issues when I posted the tune. He cut his own string lol...I posted the tune in my original thread.

well post them again in this thread so these guys don't have to hunt for them

Advanced Tuner
    Just sign up under a new name and post tune F him.