Thread: How do I tweak my final tune? Cammed C5Z06

Tuner in Training

How do I tweak my final tune? Cammed C5Z06

Hi all
    I did my VE tables with the Maf disconnected first and then the Maf in open loop with my NGK wide band. I got the afr error on both files down to around 0 to -5.
    Now I have everything back into my final tune and the car feels pretty good, but I have a few afr errors I want to clean up a little.
    Do I tweak both the VE and Maf tables based on my log errors? Or do I tweak the Maf tables under 3000rpm and VE tables over 3000rpm? Or do I go back in open loop and do them separate all over?
    Sorry if this is a silly question but I read all the help stickies again and read my copy of Master Efi Tuner twice... This is a very steep learning curve for me.
    I am going to track this weekend and will be logging a few hard laps for you guys to look at and give me some more pointers.

Car: 03C5Z06 Time Attack built. 230/234 cam, self ported heads & intake & throttle body, Fast 36lb injectors. Texas speed headers & offroad x.
    Using Hp tuners pro with Afx wide band.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Z06VENOM; 04-23-2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Spelling

Are the errors full or part throttle? If fuel trims are + or – 5 at part throttle I wouldn’t worry. If they are 0 or slightly negative at WOT you are fine. If you want to polish WOT AFR I would just move the MAF table.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks sunny
    There are a few -8's I want to clean up, some at part and some at wot in the upper rpms.
    I spend a lot of time around 4000rpm and rolling wot on the track, so I want to make sure I do it right
    So let's say 80% throttle at 4000, am I running on the the Maf table?

How do I know when to do the VE table or Maf table?

Sorry for not posting a log file, but I am at work now and this is driving me nuts

You can look in your tune under engine > airflow > dynamic and see what rpm it starts using primarily the MAF.
    If your part throttle fuel trims are off you need to go back and retune VE and MAF individually again. That way you can see which one is causing the problem.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for your help sunny. I have to learn more about the dynamic airflow.