Thread: 66 Chevelle Hybrid, 6.0 4L80E Start Up Issues

66 Chevelle Hybrid, 6.0 4L80E Start Up Issues

Hey All,

I have a 66 Chevelle and here is the quick run down. 6.0 block, LS2 heads & intake. LS2 TB, LS3 injectors, 232/234 112 cam, Yank 3200 converter, LS3 MAF sensor, LS2 MAP sensor. The ECM is setup as a truck OS (4L80E segment) and a 2002 Corvette VIN.

On initial start up it loads up with fuel and adds idle air and once it clears it seems okay. It also seems to need a excess amount of base air flow. Sometimes hot start seems okay and other times struggles. Hot start is a bitch but with a throttle input it will idle on its own after a bit and the numbers (STIT) look like it should be flaring the idle pretty good. The cylinder airmass is quite high when it does this.

It seems like it should be a pretty straight forward calibration but it seems I am missing this one somehow. The harness and ECM is from Speartech and he new the supporting sensors, TAC module and pedal so he is usually spot on with compatibility.

Attached is the current tune as well as a decent warm start and a tough cold start. You can see on the cold start how choppy the injector pulse widths are. Also when it is warm you can rev it up a bit and it stumbles almost stalling and cold start rev will stall every time. I have brought the follower up, decay rate down and have quite a bit extra base air flow to see what it would do and not much better. I would think it would hang the idle pretty high at first after revving it up.

Thanks

Mike Norris
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike Norris; 04-23-2013 at 07:14 AM.