Thread: Anybody have a stock file for an XLR-V?

Advanced Tuner

Anybody have a stock file for an XLR-V?

I can't seem to find one in the repository.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

I have 3 or 4 but none are stock.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Tuner in Training
    Here's one from an 06

HSP 06 XLRV Stock.hpt

Welcome aboard RINGER!! The Caddy owners forum a little boring? Good to see you over here!
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    Here's one from an 06

HSP 06 XLRV Stock.hpt
    thank you.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Welcome aboard RINGER!! The Caddy owners forum a little boring? Good to see you over here!
    I've been lurking for awhile... not much info on this LC3 motor so I'm involved as much as I can

Advanced Tuner
    I've been lurking for awhile... not much info on this LC3 motor so I'm involved as much as I can
    thought you would be interested in the results. It was an 08 xlr-v with a D3 intake and pulley. It made 393 and 418 on our mustang dyno using 3rd gear. Based on the torque model which is pretty damn accurate compared to our dyno I made about 430 in 1st gear. One complaint I have is we do not have access to timing in relation to MAT. I hope GM got their adder table right. An interesting thing to note is this engine liked a/f ratio at about 11.2-11.8, oppose to the factory curve.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GPGTP View Post
    One complaint I have is we do not have access to timing in relation to MAT. I hope GM got their adder table right.
    I think its in there... try Engine -> Spark -> Advance -> Spark Correction -> IAT Spark -> Base and Base Hi

Did you mess with the valve timing at all to see if you could get any gains by tweaking the cam tables?

What did the MAF curve adjustments look like for the D3 intake? any improvement over the stock intake? On the STS-V it seems dramatic, but there's more room in that car than the XLR-V...

Advanced Tuner
    I think its in there... try Engine -> Spark -> Advance -> Spark Correction -> IAT Spark -> Base and Base Hi

Did you mess with the valve timing at all to see if you could get any gains by tweaking the cam tables?

What did the MAF curve adjustments look like for the D3 intake? any improvement over the stock intake? On the STS-V it seems dramatic, but there's more room in that car than the XLR-V...
    no that's based on IAT not MAT.

yes, I retarded the intake cam 2 degrees and the change was virtually "0" so I moved on.

The maf curve was actually very close, I had to pull a little below 4000 htz and add a little above 4000 htz.

Not sure what the gains were as we received the car with the pulley and intake already installed. Our dyno is notorious for reading low on top of being a mustang so making 39X hp and 41X torque is pretty good. Another thing to take into consideration is a pull in 3rd gear takes 14 seconds to go from 3000rpm to 6200rpm so by the time the pull is over MAT temps go from 125 F to 257 F so the pull in timing drops horsepower about 40 at the peak, compared to 1st gear, according to my scanner which has proven pretty accurate on this car. The blower whine with that intake is insane!!!!

Another interesting find was the engine didn't care too much about a/f ratio (we ended up running 11.2-11.8) as long as we ran it right on the verge of knock.

Thought I should mention too that this car could really benefit from a higher stall and/ or a gear as it's kind of dog till 3000rpm. Might be these giant gaudy rims.....
    Last edited by GPGTP; 04-28-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Tuner in Training
    no that's based on IAT not MAT.
    Wait - isn't it based on IAT2? (maybe not MAT as you say)... check this out:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post189162

I don't know how close or not close MAT is to IAT2... but in my experience, modifying those IAT spark tables does adjust the timing for charge temp on the LC3.

yes, I retarded the intake cam 2 degrees and the change was virtually "0" so I moved on.
    I've sorta found the same but didn't measure it on the dyno... Any tweaking of the exhaust cams?

The maf curve was actually very close, I had to pull a little below 4000 htz and add a little above 4000 htz.
    Was the MAF curve already tuned perhaps? Oh wait - you had the stock tune for reference

LC3 in the STS-V needs a lot more tweaking on the MAF after the intake swap from what I've seen.

Thought I should mention too that this car could really benefit from a higher stall and/ or a gear as it's kind of dog till 3000rpm. Might be these giant gaudy rims.....
    Also something I've seen - I don't get it either... I guess the trick will be to downshift!

Play with the Exhaust Cams. We have seen a small gain (5-10rwhp) by adjusting it. If memory serve me, by retarding the cam 4* up top you can squeeze out a bit more.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Play with the Exhaust Cams. We have seen a small gain (5-10rwhp) by adjusting it. If memory serve me, by retarding the cam 4* up top you can squeeze out a bit more.
    Wish I had known that Saturday. Oh well

Advanced Tuner
    Wait - isn't it based on IAT2? (maybe not MAT as you say)... check this out:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post189162

I don't know how close or not close MAT is to IAT2... but in my experience, modifying those IAT spark tables does adjust the timing for charge temp on the LC3.

I've sorta found the same but didn't measure it on the dyno... Any tweaking of the exhaust cams?

Was the MAF curve already tuned perhaps? Oh wait - you had the stock tune for reference

LC3 in the STS-V needs a lot more tweaking on the MAF after the intake swap from what I've seen.

Also something I've seen - I don't get it either... I guess the trick will be to downshift!

Yeah, I'm positive that's what it is. Not iat, mat. Manifold air temperature. Now whether it's calculated or measured by an actual sensor I do not know.

No the Maf had not already been tuned, it was off by like 7% at the most.

I did not tweak the exhaust cams at all.

I added some timing down low and that idle-3000 rpm lag went away 0-30 time was 1.7 seconds not even spinning. Also, after cool down it made 440 hp in 1st gear. This is easily a low 12 second car.
    Last edited by GPGTP; 04-29-2013 at 06:57 PM.

I know this post is old as shit, but I've seen a few questions about this table before so I'll put it out there for future reference. The IAT2 spark table is not directly related to the measured IAT2. The ecu takes that measured temperature and calculates MAT from it. If you log MAT and convert from Kelvin to Farenheit and look that number up in the IAT2 spark you'll see that it matches up to what is happening.

Example from one of my dyno pulls: Logged MAT shows 377K and IAT2 advance shows -2.0 degrees. Convert 377k to F and you get 219 degrees. The 212 and 221 columns in the IAT2 spark table at that air load in my tune are both -2.0 degrees.
    1971 Corvette-LS3 swap with custom cam. Stainless headers and sheet metal intake built by the owner. 442rwhp.

2007 STS-V-Billet Precision 67mm turbo swap. 563rwhp@15psi.

1991 Camaro-6.0 swap with LS6 heads and custom cam. Headers and other swap bits fabricated by myself (wife's car)