Thread: 2011 Corvette GS heads/cam tough time idle tuning

Tuner

2011 Corvette GS heads/cam tough time idle tuning

I just finished up with some tuning work on this Corvette. I am kind of new to the gen 4 strategy of tuning. I have been tuning gen 3 for a couple years now without too many issues. It seems like a whole new approach for idle tuning on gen 4.
    The car has some ported/polished ls3 heads and a decent sized cam. 21X/23X 115 lsa cam.

when i first started tuning the car it wasnt able to start up and idle on its own. after I was done. the car started up very well and held idle very well without much hesitation.
    i left it over night to completely cold soak to 30*F and performed a cold start. it started up just fine and drove well.

a couple days later the owner starts it up. it idles. But when he puts it into gear the car dies now... I think there is some sort of adaptive that took over and manipulated the current tune?

do i reload the original tune and put it all in OL? I need some guidance

Thanks

The file labeled "WORKING" is the most current file load to PCM
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I didn't look at your tune file.

But I think you have to increase the minimum airflow.

Advanced Tuner
    Assuming a/f ratio is correct, it would we be the in gear airflow table you wanna adjust.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Tuner
    Thanks for the guidance. I will increase the minimum airflow for the in gear tables by 10% increments and see how that goes.

Senior Tuner
    Do this http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...103#post136103 ...do it both in park/neutral as well as in gear (set the parking brake tight and sit in the car just in case it tries to push through and move when you're at 1200 rpm) . It should solve your problems.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner
    That will help out a lot! Great thread and thanks very much MikeOD