Thread: rev limiter in tune question

Tuner

rev limiter in tune question

Ok all I am wondering about how the "rev limiter" works. This is a transplanted 6.0 with a T56 running the computer from a 2000 Camaro manual car.
    Anyway I have found and can change the "fuel cutoff RPM vs. Gear" I can change that there, he wants this somewhat low as he works on this. the question would be is this a dangerous way to limit your RPM? I ask that as is there a chance of this going lean at that point? He wants me to set this at 5500 for now and doesn't plan on just running it to that limiter it is there as a "just in case"
    Anyway is there a better way to limit the max RPM? I have not made teh change yet...
    Thanks
    Dave

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i believe on the earlier PCM 0411 there is no choice of ignition or fuel cut, i believe its only fuel cut.

if your customer wants a rev limit at 5500, i see no issue with that, if you car is properly tuned. ( i would just make some changes in his timing map at that area.

Tuner
    Thanks for the input, I will make the changes. Good idea on pulling some timing in that area as well. I was just concerned on just pulling fuel. I didnt know if that was ok.