Thread: Can anyone please teach a newbie how to upgrade a 2000 PCM?

Tuner in Training

Can anyone please teach a newbie how to upgrade a 2000 PCM?

Hi all,

I got a 2000 model year PCM and would like to upgrade the OS to a 2002 model, I was searching for a step by step guide but all I found was some info scattered here and there, can anyone please explain to me how exactly that could be done?

I know my question sounds a little stupid!, I'm still learning with my HP Tuner device.

Thanks in advance,,

Senior Tuner
    You have to read the file out of the 2000 PCM and license it. Then open the 2002 file in the editor you want to write to it and license it. Make sure it is the file you want to use either because once you license it you are stuck with using it unless you want to license another file. Then just do a write entire to the PCM with the 2002 file. If it is an F-body you do not need to do anything with the VATS. You will not be able to put the 00 VIN in the 02 file with HP Tuners. Or if you can find someone that has full model year licenses on both years they could do it for you and then you would just have to license the 02 file once it is in the PCM. I do it all the time.
    Last edited by 2xLS1; 04-22-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Done! I downloaded a stock Camaro 2002 M6 tune and did a "write all", now my PCM is updated to a 2002 specs. Thanks a lot 2xLS1!