Thread: Supercharging a G8 ( A Few questions inside)

Supercharging a G8 ( A Few questions inside)

Hey Guys-

I've recently purchased a G8 with the 6.0. I've also purchased an LSA supercharger set-up for it. (Measurements say it will fit, except maybe having to do something with the hood bracing). Looking to run around 10 psi for now.

I do have a few questions:

The IAT sensor presently resides in the MAF. I know most of the aftermarket kits have you clip the wires and move them to a post SC screw in sensor. Is the stock IAT sensor on the LSA a 5v sensor that I can do this trick with? (Or could i even wire it up to work as an IAT2 sensor and have both?)

Can the MAF sensor on a G8 handle a forced induction set-up or am I going to peg it and need to swap it?

I suspect i will either have to go MAF only or upgrade to the 2 bar custom OS?

I guess thats all for now. Thanks guys

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    depending on the PCM in the vehicle. post your tune and i will let you know!

Senior Tuner
    the basic questions he asked do not require a tune to be posted. lsa/ls9 map sensor, change the scaling in the settings to reflect this. the maf can handle it just fine. you can move the iat sensor where ever you want. for safety sake aka lsa/ls9/lsj style. move it to the manifold in the factory spot for the camaro/vette.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Great! Thanks! I have a 12592525 sensor on order for the MAP sensor. Good news on the MAF, I will be building a CAI, and will just clamp the MAF in line in that case. The LSA housing has the IAT sensor in a post compressor location so it will work just fine then. Thanks