Thread: E40 Inconsistent Fuel Cutoff

Tuner in Training

E40 Inconsistent Fuel Cutoff

I am running an E40, LS2, T56 setup. I am attempting to raise the fuel cutoff to 7100 (7101) rpms in 2nd through 6th gear.

Often the fuel cut will start around 6850 rpms instead of 7100 rpms. Sometimes if I reload the tune I will be able to exceed 7,000 rpms without fuel cut.

Included is a screenshot of the fuel cut parameters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    cutoff RPM hyst to 10 also look at your switch over delay

Tuner
    I have the same setup and unless this engine has been totally rebuilt with exotic parts, you are operating the engine beyond its useful and safe rpm range. Even if you disregard the safety aspect, after you shift at this rpm, you are now trying to accelerate at a level higher than the useful torque/horsepower range.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jim2092 View Post
    I have the same setup and unless this engine has been totally rebuilt with exotic parts, you are operating the engine beyond its useful and safe rpm range. Even if you disregard the safety aspect, after you shift at this rpm, you are now trying to accelerate at a level higher than the useful torque/horsepower range.
    thanks guys,

engine is not stock, cam, heads, intake,etc.. running a 4.10 rear

I'll change cutoff RPM hyst to 10 from 225, however I thought that was the rpm drop needed before fuel cut is disabled.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    let us know how it works out. good luck