Thread: Fuel segment swap

Tuner in Training

Fuel segment swap

Looking for some help....i have recently swaped my 1998 f-body to a 0411 pcm and 12202088 operating system and need some help with a fuel segment swap.....i have licensed the 12202088 OS and need a donor file with the correct OS to swap from....

any help with a fuel segment would help me a lot....

I have attached my stock file

thanks for the help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    can someone tell me if this is even possible?

Have you researched this conversion ? There are plenty of threads on the internet about this specific PCM swap.

Do you know what fuel segment you need (from what donor vehicle), and why you need this ?

I ask these questions as it seems you are running head-long into this project (licencing a PCM) before being truly ready.

The PCM you have licenced using the OS (12202088) you listed will create problems for you. It is an early 2001 OS that has since been updated. Finding a donor calibration with that OS may come at the generosity of the Forum membership.

Tuner in Training
    yes sir as pointed out in the obvious....being a master technician in 5 car lines and a master of technology through harley davidson i did a "rookie" mistake and assumed there was a "donor" file with the fuel segment swap i needed....

plain and simple i made a mistake and was hoping a kind soul could bail me out......

thanks for your help

Tuner in Training
    it looks like i would need a segment swap from express van with operating system 12202088......

again thanks in advance for any help

OK ... nice to know you have a handle on this .... your original post was not indicative of your true knowledge base.

I use 2002 OS 12212156 for most P01 PCM swaps, as it is the most robust OS available for these PCMs.

In your original post you didn't state that you needed a 2001 Express or Savana calibration using OS 12202088 - assuming that people understood this was a component of a 1998 F-Body PCM upgrade. Most Forum members would not know this - hopefully now you get someone to post the calibration you need.

I don't have one that old.

Tuner in Training
    ok thank you....and a side note if any one needs a harley dyno tuned map that will usually be real close i have thousands of combos for free.....

Tuner in Training
    @ShreK....i have a donor calibration that might work but not sure of it.....if you care to take a look?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes sir ... you found the one you need.

Email both calibrations to HPT support and request the fuel segment from the Express by swapped into the Camaro calibration.

Tuner in Training
    thank you sir....

Also, I checked the VIN from the Express in TIS ... there is an update available (to OS 12208322) to address potential A/C issues.

If you are using this Express van, and have intermittent A/C issues, this update may help out.

Tuner in Training
    great info.....really appreciate it....

laghinrat, cna you upload a copy of your hpt file please? i recently swapped the 98 to an 02 and had the fuel segment swapped but i cant find any threads on what to change in the fuel tables such as the primary and secondary volume and gauge output. TIA!!!

attached is a copy of my hpt file with thr fuel segment already updated w/the chevy express van. i'd need some help on adjusting the primary and secondary volume as well as the gauge output pwms please. any help is greatly appreciated.

awesome thanks laghinrat!