Thread: 08 silverado cold pe vs throttle.

08 silverado cold pe vs throttle.

i am just doing a little driveability tuning for a friend of mine and i cannot for the life of me find this table. i have hot but not normal. now of course i was not logging commanded afr so i dont know where it was coming in but from the logs it looks like 83%. forgive my ignorance but this is my gen 4 cherry. also any other tips on getting this soggy truck better. my 04 6.0l swapped ex cab will eat it alive.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

edspeattempt.hpl anybody. this pe seems to do what ever it wants.
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

it almost looks like pe averages whats in the hot table and a fixed 87%. anybody?
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

tune and a log of the soft launch.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

Set your PE tables back to how you had them in your first post. Adjust your PE throttle table to something like 50 50 45 40 35 25 25 25 25 etc. Just an example. Add a low number in the PE delay table, usually something less than the enable table. And your problem is on the enormous amount of knock there is in that log file. You are seeing single digit timing at WOT. Truck is probably lean or running crappy gas.

Tuner in Training
    Doing a burnout is not the best way to verify if your PE is kicking in how it needs to. Tire spin, hop and all the above will make it very difficult to see what's going on. With all the KR you are seeing it's really difficult to see anything that's going on.

Take a log with commanded AFR enabled and do an aggressive launch or roll into it at HWY speeds and post up that log.

Quote Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
    Doing a burnout is not the best way to verify if your PE is kicking in how it needs to. Tire spin, hop and all the above will make it very difficult to see what's going on. With all the KR you are seeing it's really difficult to see anything that's going on.

Take a log with commanded AFR enabled and do an aggressive launch or roll into it at HWY speeds and post up that log.
    yeah i realize that just an example of one of the things i was up against. i am out of this one. after ten more hours of tinkering i am done. it's better but he is unwilling to put good gas in it. the truck just feels heavy.
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro