Thread: MAF delete = Power reduction mode (2003 C5)

Advanced Tuner

MAF delete = Power reduction mode (2003 C5)

On the way to the track with some buddies.. Helping them with some tunes on various vehicles.

We decided to pull the MAF on the vette this morning and I was going to work on part throttle in forced SD mode on the way there.

Unchecked all MAF SES codes and set the maf errors to #2 as I know setting them to #3 the vehicle will not run.

Car started fine, got it idling right around mid 1,400 rpm. Before leaving the parking lot it went in to limp mode.

Unchecked p1514 and set it to #3 and reflashed. Seemed fine. Drove about 3 miles logging part throttle to clean up the VE. Wpulled up to a stop light and it died reverting back in to Power Reduction Mode.

We got it on the trailer after reflashing the PCM with the updated VE. Towing it the rest of the way.

Only code I am getting is p0102 which is to be expected.

Looking for ideas. Since I am on my iPad and dont have internet on the laptop I can't post any tunes or files.

Thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    I'll try increasing the p1514 table to the max.

Any other ideas I case that does not work?

I should add that I also disabled the ltrims and bumped them up their enable temp to 283* as well as removed DFCO.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you unplug the maf? If you did then you lose the intake air temp.