Thread: Transmission Line pressure during shift 4L70E

Transmission Line pressure during shift 4L70E

I have a question related to line pressure.

I have a 400 psi gauge on my freshly built 4L70E in my 2008 AWD TBSS. A friend had nearly the same freshly built transmission in his 2007 AWD TBSS. He had the trans shop tune his and I am tuning mine.

The issue. His tuner saw a dramatic (~30 psi drop during shifts). He was concerned and "fixed" it. He was using EFI live and did not have a solid explanation on the fix. I have the same pressure drop.

My question is, is it normal to see a pressure drop during a shift on a stock trans? How about a shift kitted/built trans? What causes the pressure drop? Is it bad/good/indifferent? I am seeing around 180-200 before the shift, a quick drop into the 150s and then right back up. I have tried disabling adaptive pressure, changed shift times, adjusted modifier tables, etc.

Any help is appreciated!

Tuner
    Look at the Cool Aid post this might give you some information.

Thanks,
    Mr. 2008 SS
    E-Fans*160 Stat*K@N Filter* FlowMaster Catback Duals*HP Tuned By Me USA

I have seen CoolAid's post but he doesn't delve into pressure tuning, especially with a gauge. I have done an exhaustive search and found nothing on this specific topic. It's quite peculiar though. I thinks it's normal, but want to be sure.