Thread: using cable from someone else question

Tuner in Training

using cable from someone else question

My tuner has already came and disabled VATS and we got engine started.

runs fine but few things i wanted to change. he is unable to drive back to see me this weekend, he tunes on the side, he is not avaliable for real job needing him.

since his USB interface already has my ECM used on it, he offered to let me use it on my laptop.

is all i need is his activation key and the USB to finish up my engine?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    correct.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    great, thanks for fast reply.

Did some searching and I'm kind of in the same boat here and have a question.

First off, I bought credits to tune on my 98 PCM with 2.5BAR enhancments, and my PCM eventually fried/locked. I got another PCM and had to buy the licences again. Now, I need to finish tuning but I have relocated 7 hours away from my tuner. Is there anyway to tune without buying more credits? I would hate to have to buy credits 3 times!!! lol.

My tuner was also a "Side Job Tuner" so maybe I can get him to loan my his cable/codes if need be. There is a local to me that tunes at his shop, but he stated I have to buy more credits and basically start over, he also said he might be able to use my tune right now and just finish if i can get the file from my original tuner. True?

Thanks in advance!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Why not just purchase your own cable? Comes with 8 credits if you purchase new which you can use any way you choose.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Why not just purchase your own cable? Comes with 8 credits if you purchase new which you can use any way you choose.
    I am not one to tune my car on my own! I have worked with Honda based systems such as Crome/Hondata but they were for track adjustments only. HP tuners has a lot of stuff involved in it, which is a good thing! But not for me. I want to have a good tuner, safe tune and be done with it. I don't need to mess with this as often as I did my Honda stuff. This is a street car. Just a simple LS1 Turbo swapped car.

The price on the cable/setup is around $500 right?

Once again, thanks for the help!