Thread: 2005 cts v

Tuner in Training

2005 cts v

Cannot read ecu, keeps failing while reading vcm or will get 2% in 20 minutes and fail. Stock ecu.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SPANKER View Post
    Cannot read ecu, keeps failing while reading vcm or will get 2% in 20 minutes and fail. Stock ecu.
    Did you buy a used HPTuner kit? Old model wasn't compatible with my V. It did this same thing.

GH

What version of hptuners? I had some issues initially with my wifes 2005 V but have been able to get it to work fine. I am using the beta version of the software though.

Potential Tuner
    I have this issue right now. 2004 ctsv. Bought car used. But I just bought brand new hp tuners this week and have latest software. Any help much appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    Pic of screen
    Attached Images Attached Images

The issue with this CTS-V was you couldn't use high speed. We clicked that little box on the bottom and it worked fine.

Try that.

Also, if it has nav, turn the car to the on position, wait for EVERYTHING to cycle and the nav to finish doing its boot cycle before trying to read. That has worked just fine for me.

Potential Tuner
    Does have nav and I'll uncheck high speed and give it a try. I'll update my results. Thanks guys for the quick replies.

Potential Tuner
    Cut radio off and de selected high speed. Worked like a champ