Thread: DTC and Readiness Monitor - 2004 Trucks

Potential Tuner

DTC and Readiness Monitor - 2004 Trucks

Hello,

I have a 2004 Silverado with a Lm7 that I am trying to use my tuner to check DTC codes and Readiness monitors.

Unfortunately, the DTC screen never "connects" and I never see the same picture as in the help file. The gray box just stays blank and none of the readiness monitors have any comments after them.

I thought it was maybe something I did when I was changing the DTC codes in the tune ( i turned off the rear o2 sensors), so I checked on another truck I have. This one is a 2004 Suburban with a L59. The same occurs with it. I have not changed anything on the suburban, it is still on factory tune and the PCM is not unlocked on my tuner.

I am "connected" and i have tried to check the codes, and nothing. I then start "scanning" and check again, and nothing. I can use the VCM controls to turn the CEL on and manipulate the vehicle fine, as well as I can take logs of all the normal functions. The only thing that appears wrong is the DTC function.

What am I doing wrong? Is it something with 2004 trucks that prevent the DTC from working properly?

I attached a picture of what I see.

Sorry if this has been asked before or is easy, I tried reading the help file and searching for DTC related problems on the forums here, and had no luck.

-Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    I do not believe that it has been enabled in the software yet.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support with your serial number as we're going to be troubleshooting this oddball bug in a few weeks. I'll add you to the list of those having this issue which appears to have only affecting a small handful of users to date so its been close to impossible to troubleshoot.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Same problem here after upgrading to 2.24

same issue here. 2005 GTO. been in contact with support.

Potential Tuner
    I had the same issue today with 2.24. Had to go back to 2.22 to check DTC's.

Senior Tuner
    I have the same problem since upgrading to 2.23.873.

Tuner in Training
    Same problem here

Potential Tuner
    Same problem, v2.24.75 and E40 PCM 2006 Trailblazer SS 6.0L

Tuner
    Same here Bill, should I email support about this with serial number like stated above, or just wait? 00 silverado and 03 suburban . Whatever version is current, updated last night with hopes of a fix.
    02 35thSS,A4>M6, 3.73 gear, PRC stg 2.5 5.3L heads,TS torquer v2 cam 232/234 .595/.598 112LSA,CAI,36lb injectors, shorty headers, gutted cats, racetronix pump w/ hotwire, HP Tuners,NGK WB through EGR, Bunch of UMI and Spohn susp. parts. All work done by me, and tuned with the help of some great people on this forum!

Im having a few issues in Australia also.

Tuner
    I don't know why, but mine started working tonight. If I figure out if it was something I did, I'll let you guys know.
    02 35thSS,A4>M6, 3.73 gear, PRC stg 2.5 5.3L heads,TS torquer v2 cam 232/234 .595/.598 112LSA,CAI,36lb injectors, shorty headers, gutted cats, racetronix pump w/ hotwire, HP Tuners,NGK WB through EGR, Bunch of UMI and Spohn susp. parts. All work done by me, and tuned with the help of some great people on this forum!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try 2.24.528, we fixed a bug where pc's that haven't been restarted in 25 or more days would not poll for dtc's.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"