Thread: Setting up LC1 for WOT tuning

Tuner in Training

Question Setting up LC1 for WOT tuning

I started programming my LC-1 using AFR for both analog ouputs 1 and 2 like demonstrated in the tuning school pdf and video. All seems to be going great except I started to think that this setup for the LC-1 is not going to work using histogram 11 (see attached config). Histogram 11 which I read about many times on many threads seems to be the way to tune WOT but its (MAF-error-lambda).

If this histo is using lambda I don't understand how setting up the LC-1 in AFR is going to work?
    It seems I either need to program the LC-1 in lambda (which is weird to me) OR I need a config file for AFR.
    Right? I have no idea what I talking about here. Just educated guessing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

We are pretty much in the same boat but i notice one thing in your .cfg how are you recording lambada or AFR? Do you have standard or PRO version? cause they arent configured in your cfg file. so you wont be able to read anything. I assume you already are prgramming the LC1 with lm programmer and viewing with logworks, next step is gettin HPT to read so either your logging through the HPT interface or splicing a/c pressure and/or EGR. You need those to log so update once you get that portion up

Ive read so many other posts about people doing diffrent things diffrent formulas that i cant even keep track, and apparently after emailing the HPT staff they have no idea how to help me out with a formula so i can get on with tuning

Tuner in Training
    Well I managed to figure it out. Here is my first log. It's just at part throttle in the driveway in park. Just wanted to get it to read something and see if the data was reasonable.
    I also attached my config file.
    I don't know what issues your having but a custom pid must be made for commanded lambda and another custom config has to be made for lambda error. This is assuming you want to log in lambda. The same applies for AFR though. Check out the g8board. there is info on there about it.

Tuner in Training
    So I did a WOT pull from 1500rpm to redline in 2nd gear and had % that bounced around, with the highest value being 20. was one random 20 most others where under 10.

I multiplied by the half % multiplier for 7200Hz up.

Did another pull and got the following log (see attached)

Things look a little better so I think things are headed in the right direction.

Does the log look right? Is this data good?