Thread: Interface was not found! Just installed in Windows 8

Interface was not found! Just installed in Windows 8

Hi,

I installed the software in Windows 8 and updated to 2.24. The software seems to function but when I connect to a vehicle (2002 Corvette), the software states "Interface not found" and to verify it's connected properly.

It's connected properly. Also at the bottom it shows Cable Status: disconnected

When I put in the USB cable, the positive connection sound tells me it's connected successfully.

Please help. Since upgrading to Windows 8, I've haven't been able to use this software. I may be forced to purchase something else. I don't want to have to deal with the issues but I guess I have to try. One man show spending the money on this hurt enough without buying something else.

Frustrated!!!

Chuck

Chuck, I understand the frustration.

For now, you'll need to manually install the drivers: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...r-installation

I'm working directly with microsoft to get our drivers published through their windows update service. If/when that is completed, windows will automatically install the correct drivers for our devices on any windows operating system, as long as your connected to the internet and have windows update enabled.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

I bought the new Microsoft Surface Windows 8 Pro. I followed your instructions above and all is working great so far. Thanks!!!
    2002 WS6 TA, 408, L92 heads, Holley Modular High Ram, 120# injectors, Fast 92mm tb, 9.5:1 compression with Ross Pistons, built 4L80E with T-Brake, Circle D 4C Billet 245mm stall, Moser 9" with 3.70 gears. Front mounted GT-88 with Front Mount Intercooler, 3BarSD tuning by me.
    DIY Dual Walbro 340 fuel pumps.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas_WS6 View Post
    I bought the new Microsoft Surface Windows 8 Pro. I followed your instructions above and all is working great so far. Thanks!!!
    Been considering this.
    How do you functionality etc with touch screen and HPT?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Keith purchased one for testing and he seems to love it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

So far I have the program and MPVI working. I used the latest version, 2.24 and the drivers for the 7 and 8. I have not hooked it up to a car yet. I will be doing so soon. So far just playing with program it all works good. I use the pen it came with. It is smaller then my fat finger. LOL!!!
    2002 WS6 TA, 408, L92 heads, Holley Modular High Ram, 120# injectors, Fast 92mm tb, 9.5:1 compression with Ross Pistons, built 4L80E with T-Brake, Circle D 4C Billet 245mm stall, Moser 9" with 3.70 gears. Front mounted GT-88 with Front Mount Intercooler, 3BarSD tuning by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Keith purchased one for testing and he seems to love it.
    give us mutitouch support! to be able to pinch and zoom graphs!
    tsp LQ9 408, wiesco -10cc, ls7s cam,tsp 5.3Lheads ,stock rockers with upgraded trunions,BBK intake manifold;ported polished intake runners,80MM Tb,haltech CAI,Longtubes,RPM full drivetrain,3:15 gears.

Your instructions don't seem to follow windows 8 at all. It's very generic. Can somebody take the time to make the instructions Windows 8 specific. Those instructions are from 3/23/2006!!!

And if I have the computer look for the drivers, it can't find them.

Your RIGHT...I'm very frustrated with a program I can't use and paid alot of money and trusted it would work!!!
    Last edited by hotmtrsports; 04-15-2013 at 02:53 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmtrsports View Post
    Your instructions don't seem to follow windows 8 at all. It's very generic. Can somebody take the time to make the instructions Windows 8 specific. Those instructions are from 3/23/2006!!!

And if I have the computer look for the drivers, it can't find them.

Your RIGHT...I'm very frustrated with a program I can't use and paid alot of money and trusted it would work!!!
    I've tested the instructions on win 7 & win 8 and they are IDENTICAL, doesn't matter when the instructions were made, they work.

I did what they said it it all worked. I did have to save the drivers where I wanted them and then browse to them instead of letting Windows find them. Windows will NOT find them. To browse for them you have to go to hardware and drill down to the devises and update the drivers yourself. Easy as tuning a SD 3BAR setup. Easier then that really.

I have not connected with a vehicle or pulled a tune down yet. I hope to finish this turbo build this week and then use this Microsoft surface to tune it with. I will let everyone know my results.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Correct win 7 & win 8 act funky when it comes to the drivers, here are the steps for win 7 & win 8. I've done the install on win 8 for several of our customers to date.

Windows 7, 8 , Vista & XP 64 bit operating systems driver install instructions
    1)Download the drivers here http://www.hptuners.com/pub/HPT FTDI...08.28 WHQL.zip
    2)Unzip the drivers to your desktop
    3)Connect your MPVI interface to your laptop
    4)At this point the driver install will likely fail(it did for me)
    5)Open the control panel and in the search window enter device drivers
    6)Under Device manager select the update device drivers one
    7)There will likely be two MPVI devices with an ! listed next to them in the 'other devices' section
    8)Right click on the first one, click update driver software
    9)A window will come up, tell it to browse my computer for driver software-from there find your desktop
    10) it will now install properly
    11)repeat for the second one and you're done!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Correct win 7 & win 8 act funky when it comes to the drivers, here are the steps for win 7 & win 8. I've done the install on win 8 for several of our customers to date.

Windows 7, 8 , Vista & XP 64 bit operating systems driver install instructions
    1)Download the drivers here http://www.hptuners.com/pub/HPT FTDI...08.28 WHQL.zip
    2)Unzip the drivers to your desktop
    3)Connect your MPVI interface to your laptop
    4)At this point the driver install will likely fail(it did for me)
    5)Open the control panel and in the search window enter device drivers
    6)Under Device manager select the update device drivers one
    7)There will likely be two MPVI devices with an ! listed next to them in the 'other devices' section
    8)Right click on the first one, click update driver software
    9)A window will come up, tell it to browse my computer for driver software-from there find your desktop
    10) it will now install properly
    11)repeat for the second one and you're done!

Im still having problems gettting my interface to connect after using these steps. I have windows 7 and it still wont connect to the interface

thanks
    Josh

Can somebody PLEASE call me as soon as possible. I still can't get my computer to read or find ANY updated drivers using your above instructions.

Got it working!!! YEAH!!!

Chuck M

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas_WS6 View Post
    So how do you like it for tuning? Have you gotten a chance yet?
    Jason
    01 Camaro Z28 LS3 525hp Built 4l60e
    74 Camaro Z28 LT 355 fully forged roller with t56 4.56 gears

Tuner in Training
    I sent my computer to have the speakers fixed and the a holes at bestbuy which was under warranty replaced my hard drive. I backed it up and it would not work. So I unistalled it and reinstalled it and it says it can not find the vehicle that there is no power but the green light is on when it is hooked to the MPVI box. I am about to loose my mind here. I checked the pins. the Cable that plugs into the car has two pins sticking out further than the other ones. is this normal? I never paid attention before. I just made some major mods and I cant do anything. Can someone of you nice people help me with this.
    Thanks
    kelly
    03 Z06 Magnacharger, Borla stingers with XP Stainless Headers,KB Boostpump, 42 lbs injectors, 160 stat. CAI3.TPS Motorsports 427 Shifter. AFX Powerdex wide band. TIC clutch master.Monster stage3 with 18 lbs flyweel. AFX wideband. 10LBS boost. ALKYCONTROL methanol injection. DTE Trans Brace, Built MN6, NGK Iridium 7IX , 2 Bar MAP.
    [email protected]
    www.haysauto.com

Tuner
    Sounds like the driver's aren't installed for the USB buses.
    Jason
    01 Camaro Z28 LS3 525hp Built 4l60e
    74 Camaro Z28 LT 355 fully forged roller with t56 4.56 gears

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hiperf454 View Post
    I sent my computer to have the speakers fixed and the a holes at bestbuy which was under warranty replaced my hard drive. I backed it up and it would not work. So I unistalled it and reinstalled it and it says it can not find the vehicle that there is no power but the green light is on when it is hooked to the MPVI box. I am about to loose my mind here. I checked the pins. the Cable that plugs into the car has two pins sticking out further than the other ones. is this normal? I never paid attention before. I just made some major mods and I cant do anything. Can someone of you nice people help me with this.
    Thanks
    kelly
    Try this
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...r-installation

Tuner in Training
    It worked thanks guys.
    03 Z06 Magnacharger, Borla stingers with XP Stainless Headers,KB Boostpump, 42 lbs injectors, 160 stat. CAI3.TPS Motorsports 427 Shifter. AFX Powerdex wide band. TIC clutch master.Monster stage3 with 18 lbs flyweel. AFX wideband. 10LBS boost. ALKYCONTROL methanol injection. DTE Trans Brace, Built MN6, NGK Iridium 7IX , 2 Bar MAP.
    [email protected]
    www.haysauto.com