Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dyno

Tuner in Training

dyno

Hi all, was just curious if anyone uses/has used a Dynocom dyno? I've been looking at several dyno options, and was leaning the Mustang route, but it's tough not to at least look at the Dynocom based on their price. I know cheap doesn't always/ever mean good, so I figured I'd try to see what opinions are out there. Looks like under 20K gets you a decent package...

Anyone have any experience with them?

I looked seriously @ Dynocom, then I followed up on the phone with a few of there customers that were within 500 miles of me. I would strongly suggest you do the same before pulling the trigger.

Once I had a budget in mind I called Mustang with what I was wanting to do & what I wanted to spend. They came up with a proposal that I accepted. I had a lot issue's that took far to long to resolve. They were very difficult, would not accept there was a problem for a long time.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info. I'll definitely call around and get a feel for them.

Was it Mustang that was difficult with you?

Thanks again!

The service people whom were paid to come out & train would not accept there was a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 409Jake View Post
    Hi all, was just curious if anyone uses/has used a Dynocom dyno? I've been looking at several dyno options, and was leaning the Mustang route, but it's tough not to at least look at the Dynocom based on their price. I know cheap doesn't always/ever mean good, so I figured I'd try to see what opinions are out there. Looks like under 20K gets you a decent package...

Anyone have any experience with them?
    I have had one for 3 years(DC1800X), what do you want to know?

I'll be brutally honest either way..

If I we're to go out and buy another dyno today, I would still buy Dynocom

I'll post it up or call me at my shop (951) 487-3938

Wonder how the dynocom compares to the Mustang MD-800 which is similar featured with a single 24" diameter drum... I looked long and hard at the MD-800 and the MD-1100 as I do quite a few higher HP LS cars often and my little dyno dynamics handles them great but traction on the small rollers becomes an issue at some point and the large single roller setups seem like they control wheel speed a lot better.

I personally chose Dyno Dynamics because of the customer service I get from them being 30mins up the road from me. They have really ramped up support the last few years to compete and are a really nice little unit in a compact frame. Very very good tuning dyno and I must say the eddy absorber is quite faster than some other large roller absorber units. The small light weight rollers make for quick adjustments in roller speed/load.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    So far talked to 3 different shops that have one, and pretty much good reviews. Couple little things here and there, but nothing major... Everyone was pretty much satisfied with them so far. Guess I'll keep them on the short list.

Thanks again for all the info Josh!

i just ordered a dynocom 6000 series! its 10.7 quad roller with a bigger eddy vs the 5000 series!
    tsp LQ9 408, wiesco -10cc, ls7s cam,tsp 5.3Lheads ,stock rockers with upgraded trunions,BBK intake manifold;ported polished intake runners,80MM Tb,haltech CAI,Longtubes,RPM full drivetrain,3:15 gears.

Quote Originally Posted by C5XJEDIX View Post
    i just ordered a dynocom 6000 series! its 10.7 quad roller with a bigger eddy vs the 5000 series!
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by 409Jake View Post
    So far talked to 3 different shops that have one, and pretty much good reviews. Couple little things here and there, but nothing major... Everyone was pretty much satisfied with them so far. Guess I'll keep them on the short list.

Thanks again for all the info Josh!
    Anytime man.. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by C5XJEDIX View Post
    Are you happy with the dynocom 6000? I am currently thinking about getting one. I am in the Dallas area and they are based in Fort Worth so I am thinking it would be convenient for their support and training

Looking for more info on dyno's. I have found a really good deal on a Mustang MD600 it has the 12000# axle upgrade, smart tach rpm, air fuel meter, and the software was upgraded last year. Does not have the weather station or obd interface. It's about a 2006 year model and sure seems to be better dyno than the Dynocom 6000. Please give some input on it.

Mustang dynos are the way to go if u want some real tuning done. Can't tune on anything else now.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    Mustang dynos are the way to go if u want some real tuning done. Can't tune on anything else now.
    Really?

Really be nice to get some input on the MD 600 this dyno is in another state and I can buy it worth the money. The only things that are really concerning me right now is its @10 years old and the life/integrity of the computer and also the roller are far apart to handle larger tires and on smaller tire cars you will have to test with the tire on top of the roller which shouldn't be a problem with the @20 inch roller?

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    Really be nice to get some input on the MD 600 this dyno is in another state and I can buy it worth the money. The only things that are really concerning me right now is its @10 years old and the life/integrity of the computer and also the roller are far apart to handle larger tires and on smaller tire cars you will have to test with the tire on top of the roller which shouldn't be a problem with the @20 inch roller?
    Just do your research - call Mustang, Call Dynocom, call DJ..

Call some Mustang users and get their input.

Call other dyno users adn get their input..

See if you can find one around you that you could go put your hands on and see first hand.

One thing about dynos, they all pretty much do the same thing, they're only as good as the person running it. They all have their problems, ALL OF THEM..

I have toured Dynocom facility and think they have a great dyno. I have been on the phone with Mustang and they have been helpful. Now I am looking for some looking for info from people that own and use them. Thanks for the input but I am asking questions on a specific model. And if I am smart enough to operate is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    I have toured Dynocom facility and think they have a great dyno. I have been on the phone with Mustang and they have been helpful. Now I am looking for some looking for info from people that own and use them. Thanks for the input but I am asking questions on a specific model. And if I am smart enough to operate is irrelevant.
    Not questioning your talent/education - was saying that most dynos are limited by the operator - people are quick to talk crap on a company even when the product is great.

there is a ton of crap on mine that I don't know about since I don't utilize it. I really liked Superflow, but the price point killed it for me. I own a Dynocom - if you ever want my personal opinion on my 1800DX, give me a call some time..

Good luck man!

We have a Dyno Dynamics on order. Hope to have it within a month. Steve has been very helpful.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    look into mainline dynos, their new wheel hub dyno eliminate traction issues completely. i have been using their awd1200 series for several years, and load and control is amazing, you can hold torque by rpm and tune all your load points perfectly.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161