Thread: 2012/13 Regal Turbo/GS Tune?

Potential Tuner

2012/13 Regal Turbo/GS Tune?

Any way we can get more tunes (even stock) for the 12/13 Regals (Turbo and GS) in the repository or attached here? I'd like to do some more investigating Thanks all!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    2013's are E39A if I'm not mistaken so our software can't even read them so all you'll be able to find is 2012's which all use the same os id if I remember correctly.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I finally got around to uploading a stock 2012 Regal Turbo A6 file. I compared it to the one in the repository and quickly it looked like the one in there was from a GS, as it had flex fuel turned off and the description said 2.0 GS. I didn't however quickly see major differences elsewhere in my stock tune and the one that was there which I found odd as the GS is running with higher boost stock.

I'm assuming there is no support for the A6 turbo yet as HPT won't let me license the ECU. Just asks to contact support.
    I saw Bills comment the M6 is/will soon be supported for 2012.
    Last edited by Crisis; 04-23-2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: corrected a comment slightly

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Bill,
    i have a MY10 E39 Sidi ECU and want to read it but the harness i have is a custom layout and i could really use a pin layout of the ECU so i can power it up and perform a read-entire.
    do you know any way i could get the ECU pin layout or wiring diagram? (it was never in a vehicle, fresh from gm, so i don't have a model request a layout from my local GM Tech)

according to gm its supposed to be a lhu regal gs ecu....only way i can guarantee is by hpt scanner
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 04-23-2013 at 11:08 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    I noticed that the tune files uploaded looked kind of weird. As you said Crisis, the "GS" tune in the repository looks weird. Unless I'm that oblivious to the change made and how torque management works lol. I compared the files uploaded to my stock GS tune, and it does seem like the tune in the repository is mislabeled and is in fact a Regal Turbo tune.

Stock GS vs "GS" Tune in Repo: 126 Diffs
    Stock Turbo in Repo vs "GS" Tune in Repo: 24 Diffs

I'm planning on using the differences between the stock and tune in the repo to help tune my GS so that will help. I would suggest possibly changing the description in the repo to get rid of the GS indication.

Tuner in Training
    I am looking for a stock Regal GS file.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgardn2 View Post
    I noticed that the tune files uploaded looked kind of weird. As you said Crisis, the "GS" tune in the repository looks weird. Unless I'm that oblivious to the change made and how torque management works lol. I compared the files uploaded to my stock GS tune, and it does seem like the tune in the repository is mislabeled and is in fact a Regal Turbo tune.

Stock GS vs "GS" Tune in Repo: 126 Diffs
    Stock Turbo in Repo vs "GS" Tune in Repo: 24 Diffs

I'm planning on using the differences between the stock and tune in the repo to help tune my GS so that will help. I would suggest possibly changing the description in the repo to get rid of the GS indication.
    If you don't mind, could you upload your stock GS tune?

I've been working on a tune for a 100% stock 2012 A6 Turbo.
    I haven't dynoed the car so I don't know the results, but it does pull a lot harder and virtual dyno shows substantial increases in back to back runs on the same day (around 25-30% increase in mid range power, 10-15% up top). My logs also show about 100 nm more calculated torque in the mid range and about 40-50 up top.

It's mild in a sense as I'm running with stock boost limits for max boost pressure. I have tweaked it some based on feed back from the Cruze tuning thread and I haven't seen knock yet. Stock timing seems to be very low but I haven't had enough guts yet to add advace in the top rev ranges to try and extend the torque curve, which now is really lacking after 5000rpm or so.
    I had boost up to about ~170-175 kpa in one test (above 4000rpm), but backed it back to stock for really no reason other than just trying to see what I can get without increasing boost and not risking too much. No knock on that specific day.

The thing I'm still working on is trying to get power above 5000rpm as right now it really doesn't pull as hard above 5000 as it does from 3000-5000rpm.
    Any suggestions are welcome. This is really why I wanted to look at the GS tune to see what GM did on it.
    Last edited by Crisis; 09-22-2013 at 09:12 PM.