Thread: 4.3L pcm question

Tuner in Training

4.3L pcm question

Im putting a 4.3L engine out of a 02 Silverado into an 80 model jeep. I had a custom harness made from Hot Wire they gave me a part number for the pcm that I needed. When I went to the salvage yard the only pcm they had with that part number was for an 02 Escalade 6.0L. I called O'Reilly and they said that the v6 and v8 trucks pcm shared the same part number. So can I just copy a v6 truck tune into the v8 pcm and it work? thanks

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gmtechnician View Post
    Im putting a 4.3L engine out of a 02 Silverado into an 80 model jeep. I had a custom harness made from Hot Wire they gave me a part number for the pcm that I needed. When I went to the salvage yard the only pcm they had with that part number was for an 02 Escalade 6.0L. I called O'Reilly and they said that the v6 and v8 trucks pcm shared the same part number. So can I just copy a v6 truck tune into the v8 pcm and it work? thanks
    As long as the service number is the same. Both of those should be the 0411 PCM's. If so, then a full write of the V6 OS will work. If your a GM tech, cant you just load a new GM cal at work?
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Ok i will try it. Yeah i quit the dealership after ten years in search of paid retirement.