Thread: '07 Canyon Idle spark/ rough idle

Tuner in Training

'07 Canyon Idle spark/ rough idle

Hello all, I will start out by saying I am a novice tuner at its best definition. I am getting better with my tuning and how everything plays together. I am running a 3.7 I5 with a 61mm T70 on a directed log style manifold, 80# injectors, 3" DP, 2.5" exhaust/no cats, colder NGK plugs, 2bar(scaled of course), FMIC, Innovative WB thru A/C and a blow thru MAF setup. I have tuned both MAF and Multi VE tables, they are ok/driveable, but could ALWAYS be better. I have pulled a little bit of timing during boost as well. I am having a dipping/surging going on during park idle and less during gear idle. I have noticed that my timing advance seems to be all over the place while idling, especially when it dips I see the upwards of 25-27 degrees, but normally it hangs around 10-14. is this causing an idling issue or is there another issue that is causing the idle advance to do this. Ive posted a log and current flash. I do realize that my tuning skills arent the best yet, so bear with my sketchy VE tables :-) any input would be great.
    Last edited by 07_zq8; 03-29-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Do you have your cat installed still, as well as the rear o2 in the exhaust stream?
    Hawk

Tuner in Training
    come to find out my injector settings were all way off because I never had the actual data to put in the tune. I have since aquired the correct data and retuned leaving me with LTFT and STFT all within +/- 5% it runs great!