Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LNF E85 Info Thread

LNF E85 Info Thread

I see there are plenty of threads that have E85 info in them, and it was a lot of reading. I spent the better half of the last two weeks reading and finding more and more info. So I figured we could have one thread that talks about any questions that come up from you guys.

I just started my E tune today, 50/50 mix and I seem to have everything working out ok. Just not sure what to do with the Hom Single Low table. Im just not sure which way to go with the values. I remember there was a thread on it in here somewhere but I cant seem to find it. Hence why I made this thread lol

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ovenroastedlnf View Post
    I see there are plenty of threads that have E85 info in them, and it was a lot of reading. I spent the better half of the last two weeks reading and finding more and more info. So I figured we could have one thread that talks about any questions that come up from you guys.

I just started my E tune today, 50/50 mix and I seem to have everything working out ok. Just not sure what to do with the Hom Single Low table. Im just not sure which way to go with the values. I remember there was a thread on it in here somewhere but I cant seem to find it. Hence why I made this thread lol
    I've noticed minimal gaines with the Hom Single Low table. What exactly are you trying to get out of it?

Thats the table to open the injection window up, correct?

Yes, but I never noticed much improvement from it. GMTech had a table I used but I ran out of fuel north of E70 no matter what unless I babied the boost.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

I only plan to use E47. So just leave that table stock then?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    hom single low will only net a minimal gain of power. it will helps some with the allowing more fuel to inject by opening the window up but everyone over E70 needs an injector window so wide that it blows the spark plug out causing the non-ignited fuel to puddle on the piston and cause high compression mechanical damage over time unless you are extremely unlucky and hydro-lock the cylinder and bend a rod. this happens around 6.3 ms or more of injector on-time. anything in the 7's is a definite for the misfire condition.

the lnf doesn't "run out of fuel" as explained by gmtech before he pretty much up and left, the window overlaps when the ignition ignites fuel and thus sprays fuel up into the spark plug and literally spraying the plug spark out.

the hom single high table is not used in the lnf... mentioned somewhere before by Chris from hpt that the table is there but defaulted internally to hom single low due to the manifold not actually having a valve to make two separate flow patterns through the intake. If we did have the dual runner intake the table would be unlocked due to the two different flow rates and intake pulses. (would most likely see this option on a n/a gas di motor like the new boxter motors with dual fuel control)

Further info: scroll mouse over the "high/low threshold value" in vcm editor and read the description in the lower section. the very end says "if not fitted hom single low table will be used."

Edit: to further open the window you will have to open the hom double intake and hom double compression tables as well. those two tables dictate the opening angles of the injectors and the hom single low is more for duration and end close time.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 03-27-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Sorry, but my LNF would run out of fuel around E70 and set the Low Fuel Rail Pressure CEL at the top of third with 24 psi boost tapering to 19 psi at redline and go into REP. It wasn't an inj window issue, no misfiring, YMMV. As I recall at .90 pe I was able to stay in the 6.x ms inj range but I don't have the logs available to open as I lost the config.

Best power is made on E47, E85 would have been more convenient but it became hard to start under 60*f. I never saw a point to run E85 and lose power by limiting boost to stay within the fueling capabilities.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Well filled up this afternoon, runs like a beast! I dont even have all my parts on or tuned completely, and it feels like it pulls as hard as my meth tune did at its best. Im going to get a good 3rd gear pull in tomorrow and see how it runs.

the lhu was engineered for E fuels so its gonna have the controls for calculating it. a simple harness swap would solve the issues of the lnf cold starts on E

good info

just had to post it sideways lol.

so stratified is when it first injects fuel with the piston at tdc and homogeneous is at bdc when the fuel has spread everywhere?
    2008 Sky RL

yes but stratified mode is also used for cruise when it wishes to not inject a full charge.

Did a log last night, 4.836 60-100 floored it at 60mph. I feel like it doesn't pull as hard as it did last year on just meth. Also, it doesn't seem to have a lot of load in it either compared to before, used to be above 250%. Still boosts 24psi and drops down to 18-19 at redline.

What was the pid to log boost? I don't feel like looing for it again lol

did you add alot of timing all over the place cause ethanal needs more time to burn.

Ya, i have about 40* in cruise areas and as i go to wot the lowest i have is like 22*. My entire pull is almost all 24*.

Hmm

I mean, I pulled a 4.83 and I have just started dialing the car in. That was only my second log. It just feels weaker then my last tune, i had a hard boost spike to 25 and a timing ramp to 22*. But I also would floor it at. 57 before, now im doing 60 like you should be doing lol

Potential Tuner
    Good info

What's your blend again? The lnf wasn't designed for e fuels so full e85 is a major waste of time as stated by Iambroke

First fill up was 5 gal E, 7 gal 93. This past fill up was 5 gal E and 3 gal 93. So im almost to a perfect 50/50 mix.