Thread: E67 ECU Running LS2 with swapped in 6l80E question

Tuner in Training

E67 ECU Running LS2 with swapped in 6l80E question

Ok new to the e series PCMs with GM so excuse me if i ask questions that may seem common knowlege.
    Im installing a LS2 from a Trailblazer SS and have the original ECM "I believe it is a E67 but dont know how to ID these"
    Im putting a 6L80E behind the LS2 and I know that the TCM is in the trans on a the 6l series.My ecm is stock trailblazer and im ditching the TCM that came with it,do i need to reflash the OS in the ECM to something else that will run this setup?If so what Car or OS?Can i make this ECM work with this trans combo?IS there another ecm i should run instead?Im going to be running the engine with a stand alone harness.Any help and education on this subject would be appreciated.Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    It is indeed an E67, you're going to have some work ahead of you though. There are a few ways to do it, Id probably use a Vette OS and a E38 so you can use a factory combo (E38/T43). But, you might be able to do with with the stock E67, Jesse at TBMSport.com has done it using a special T42 that acts as a pass-through to the T43.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    It is indeed an E67, you're going to have some work ahead of you though. There are a few ways to do it, Id probably use a Vette OS and a E38 so you can use a factory combo (E38/T43). But, you might be able to do with with the stock E67, Jesse at TBMSport.com has done it using a special T42 that acts as a pass-through to the T43.
    mmmmmmmm "special" T42. CAN, Stop, P/N & power pass through which enables the T42 harness to remain stock and plug and play into the T43. Quite innovative as a harness adaptor: and easy, if a tad expensive.

Depends what year the TBSS E67 is as to whether it needs a reflash to talk to the T43 directly

Tuner in Training
    ok better question ,Is there A ECU that i can get that will not need any of these special Tcms?Could i just run a G8 ECU?If im not mistaken they came 6.0/6l80e ?

Tuner in Training
    LSX378 the year Is 07 I have serial number and service number from the ECM if that helps