Thread: credit questiion

Tuner in Training

credit questiion

Hi i have a question i just bought the hp tuners pro and i want to find out about how the credits work before i spend them. Heres some questions i have
    1.If i use the 6 credits for a model/year car would that me unlimited forever or just one year licenses for those year/model?
    2.If i use the 6 credits to unlock a model/year pcm's do i still have to spend extra 2 credits to do 2bar SD tune?
    thanks

Senior Tuner
    1; Once you buy a licence you will always have it
    2; Yes still have to purchase the Custom OS'

Tuner in Training
    Seems like credits are a murky area for a lot of people. I too have a question about the whole model/year thing... For my vehicle, there were 4 years where the exact same engine was used. My initial understanding of the model unlock was that it would allow me to work on any other vehicles within this group, and I would have been happy to spend the 6 credits for that. But after reading some more, now it seems like the model/year unlock actually only allows me to work on all models from a *single* year??? Please clarify...

If the credit system really does only unlock and single year at a time (despite the platform being identical), it explains why mechanics are so damned expensive. I could not understand why I was charged $120 for the 5-minute job of a CASE relearn why I got a replacement PCM. Its too bad there's not a system that is more friendly to the home hobbyist.

Senior Tuner
    model/year is just that.
    model/year,
    cavalier/2000 would not unlock sunfire/2000
    cavalier/2000 would not unlock cavalier/2001
    even though they are identical.

Tuner in Training
    Oh ok thank you. One more question say i unlock only my car with the 2 credits i need would it be unlocked forever just that pcm or is it just a year long license?
    since that is what my friend told me.

Senior Tuner
    "unlocked forever just that pcm"

Tuner in Training
    ok thanks for the clarifications i think my friend just didnt want me to buy the tuner thats why

Required Credits

How many credits do I need to program the following 3 Corvettes ?

2000 C5
    2004 C5 Z06
    2008 C6

Thanks >>>> Mike
    Last edited by INTHERED; 04-11-2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Yes
    LINGENFELTER MAGNACHARGED 2000 A4 Torch Red Z51 Vert, Smoothline HT, LPE IC Magnacharger, Z06 cam, LPE CNC heads, CC RPM kit, LPE hood, Yank 2800, Rossler trans, Z06 rear w/300Ms, Chrome C6 Z06 rims w/PS2s, Z06 calipers w/PF carbon metallics , Eradispeeds, WCC screens, BBK 80mm TB, TB bypass, 160 TS, GM Z06 MAF, Blackwing, Corsa Pace, AR headers X-pipe & Hiflow Cats, GM HP wires, NGK TR6s, Hptuned by INTHERED with a best 1/4 mile of 10.87 @ 128.90 mph on BFG DRs

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    6 total
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!

Three Thumbs Up!

Hey Bill and everybody else at HPT! Just purchased credits for my first time, and I was very surprised at how fast the process was. I was nervous at first, but after viewing my help files (F1) it seemed relatively painless and simple. In fact, easily the fastest thing I've ever seen on the net so far. Less than half a second after I hit final purchase confirmation on my laptop, my iPod chimed. Another super-duper triple satisfied customer. Thanks Guys!
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 04-21-2013 at 12:42 AM.