Thread: What a good software product for a 96 impala?

What a good software product for a 96 impala?

Have a customer and seems like getting more and more calls about these cars..

Looking for some insight

- Josh

Quote Originally Posted by JEP Auto View Post
    ... Have a customer and seems like getting more and more calls about these cars ...
    I guess call volume depends on your client base. I get very few inquires about Gen I / Gen II based (Vortec or LT1) controllers. My experience is that more and more people appear interested in an A6 (6L80/90) with the ability to Tap Shift - for their Hot Rod projects.

For a 1996 LT1 Impala - the only software that comes to mind is Tunercat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    I guess call volume depends on your client base. I get very few inquires about Gen I / Gen II based (Vortec or LT1) controllers. My experience is that more and more people appear interested in an A6 (6L80/90) with the ability to Tap Shift - for their Hot Rod projects.

For a 1996 LT1 Impala - the only software that comes to mind is Tunercat.

I don't get a lot of calls, but I hate turning customers away.

Thanks! I'll look into the tuner cat stuff. I literary just came across it when I saw the notification..
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 01-31-2014 at 10:55 AM.

To buy Tunercats for OBD-II you also need to buy a Roadrunner. It will add to more than 1 grand just to start tuning. The roadrunner alone is 600 bucks.

If you only need to tune this car, buy Jet DST. It's the exact same software as Tunercats but much cheaper.
    Jet's support is non existant and you can only tune 4 cars with the cable.
    Tunercats is better and you can tune a unlimited number of cars once you buy the license.

Both of them lack a scanner, so you need to purchase another software to scan the vehicles you tune with it. HPtuners can scan 96-97 LT1 but only basic SAE parameters.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    To buy Tunercats for OBD-II you also need to buy a Roadrunner. It will add to more than 1 grand just to start tuning. The roadrunner alone is 600 bucks.

If you only need to tune this car, buy Jet DST. It's the exact same software as Tunercats but much cheaper.
    Jet's support is non existant and you can only tune 4 cars with the cable.
    Tunercats is better and you can tune a unlimited number of cars once you buy the license.

Both of them lack a scanner, so you need to purchase another software to scan the vehicles you tune with it. HPtuners can scan 96-97 LT1 but only basic SAE parameters.
    good times..

I got the JET deal.. They said up to 6 cars so, I guess with 4, I'll pay for the interface..

Buddy/fellow tuner friend of mine said to be prepared to wait up to 20minutes for flash, lol, is that true?

Not true. It takes the same time as HPT write entire, like 5 min.
    However, JET flash doesn't have a "calibration Only" Flash like HPT so every time you want to make any change you need to flash the entire file to the PCM.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Advanced Tuner
    for the 96 impala I swap the pcm to OBDI and get an tach signal converter. Ends up costing less than a hundred bucks and I tune with tunercats.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85