Thread: Few I6 Engine Questions

Tuner in Training

Few I6 Engine Questions

Hey guys so Ive had two issues that Ide like to throw out and see what others opinions are... Vehicle is a 2002 Trailblazer I6

1) Im looking to do a VE Tune to my vehicle... This particular model year does NOT run on a MAF... It runs on a speed density setup and ONLY has a MAP... So basically my truck runs 100% completely on VE tables and nothing else... Im running my stock VE tables right now, even though ive put a CAI and a Cat delete on the vehicle, so i know my tables are all out of wack, however ive NEVER tuned VE before... especially on a setup that ONLY runs on VE and nothing else... can someone give me some pointers of how to go about doing a VE tune?? I dont even know where to start...

2) Secondly.. Ive noticed a weird issue i my scans... I can be driving along at a steady RPM, Steady Speed, Steady TPS, on flat level ground... I will have NO knock whatsoever... However right when my TC locks up and from thereon out.. i get a CONSTANT 4 degrees of knock for appariently no reason... Then i lightly tap the brake pedal to unlock the TC... and the knock instantly goes away.... Then the TC locks back up... Constant 4 degrees of knock until it unlocks again.... What gives?
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT
    Intake / Exhaust / HPTuned
    Inline6 - 4L60E

Tuner in Training
    Bump for item #1 -- Any chance someone can share their experience on these vehicles now and give us the newbie version of where to start tuning this engine?

VE is similar to MAF tuning- hook up the WB, and tune away. In the stickys/HOW TO in this section, there's some good write-ups and .cfg files to utilize. Make the scanner work for you. There's also a tune in the repository that is good to compare to- it's from LSR racing or something like that. Good idea on what to tweak, which direction, etc.

You might have a bolt or something BARELY loose on the converter??? That is REALLY weird....our 02 LTZ has NEVER exhibited anything like that.
    Hawk