Thread: 2012 Cruze Engine Tq Limits

Potential Tuner

2012 Cruze Engine Tq Limits

I have been battling this 2012 Cruze for quite some time now and have really come to the point where I need to get some advice from an outside source.

I cannot for the life of me get the engine tq limits where I want them, there is always a cap on the maximum tq limit that I can't seem to get past.

What are the common tables that need to be modified to get these things to respond properly?

I have changed the desired driver demand table (anywhere from 150kw, all the way up to 300kw) (predicted engine tq responds fine) but I still get a max tq limit of ~180 ft/lbs even after raising the tq limit tables that I have access to.

I have multiple logs and the tune file that I can post if that will help.

I have also read through the E78 tuning article in the help section multiple times and still haven't come to any real conclusions on what exactly the car is doing.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    You should post your files anytime u ask a tune question you are experiencing. It will net the fastest help
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    You should post your files anytime u ask a tune question you are experiencing. It will net the fastest help
    The issue there is that I have a ton of them from trying all kinds of various things to try to get this resolved.

I would think the logs would be the most beneficial, so I will put something together tonight.

BTW, I am not a tuning noob by any means.. I have been tuning for a living for nearly 10 years now and develop a Nissan tuning system called NismoTronic.

BUT with that being said, this new strategy and the lack of support for some of the newer ECUs leaves me with questions that the documentation does not give an answer to.

Here is something to get it started though, don't mind some of the values as I have changed a lot of things from stock to seem how they reacted and nothing that I changed really led to my desired result.
    Last edited by 93turbo16; 03-19-2013 at 09:22 PM.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32915
    I've done most of the things in this thread and mine runs pretty good.
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune please.
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

Tuner in Training
    one question. have you been running with the traction control on or off?? if its on that table might be limiting you. i am just starting to tune my cruze and am trying to learn as much as i can before i dig in. i am not used to the new e78 pcm. but i had that problem on a few older cars that i have tuned.
    2000 GTP. 3.4", 3" ext no cat, no res. 12" brakes. 3.29 gears. and a lead foot, all make for a fun ride.

2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4 turbo 6A. just trying to make more power. no other mods

ASE, automotive parts technician.

Nitrous is like a hot blonde with a STD. You wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences.

Tuner in Training
    Try logging Immediate Engine Torque Cmd (IETC) . Mine seems to be exactly what my delivered engine torque is at any given time. My max delivered engine torque is around 170 lb-ft. (if you think the pid is a good reference)

Advanced Tuner
    To the original poster, did you ever resolve the issue? I'm having the same kind of problem on mine - I've adjusted the tables as described in the thread referenced here (as described by Chris@HPT). I'm stuck at 17 psi and max about 175 ftlbs engine torque. I've gone as high as 250kpa max boost limit and nothing seems to work
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Advanced Tuner
    the 1.6lt turbo version of the cruze also seems to have a hidden toque limit at 280nm aswell.

i primarily use efilive to tune it, but downloaded the tune with hpt to make sure i wasnt missing anything in the cals and it seems its pretty much same/same.

I made lots of 1.6T so far...never had an issue with it.
    but be careful what you do, these engines blow rapidly when they see more than 320Nm with the stock rods and pistons, in germany we have them since the first Opel Corsa OPC came out, i think it was 2006-2007 or so
    also every tiny knock can have very dramatic consequences on this engine.

Advanced Tuner
    Do they run the same ecu in the Opel's? I thought they ran a bosch unit until just recently.

they run bosch in the Corsa and Astra H, Astra J and all the others are Delco.
    in china they also have the 1.6T in the Malibu