Thread: 6l80E 2-3 shift issue

Tuner in Training

6l80E 2-3 shift issue

Hey Guys,

My Century built transmission has an issue when moving from 2nd to 3rd, after speaking with Mike @ Century he says its common and can be tuned out.

The sensation when you select change gear, revs stay steady for 1/2 sec (flaring) where not much happens, then you can physically feel the gear change.

From the attachments below, Ive cut them to show 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 changes, the 2-3 shows the spikes I'm on about, I've logged as may parameters as possible.

Anybody any ideas?

Steve

Advanced Tuner
    I don't understand why Mike doesn't just help you tune it out if he said that.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Tuner
    I'm guessing you might want to read up on this...
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36986
    2013 ZL1 A6

Tuner in Training
    Mike was working with me and gave me a modified tune, emailed him back with similar info as above and hasn't got back, hence why I'm shooting it here for discussion.

Going to try the link above, have already tried adjust oncoming/offgoing pressures and reduced the volume setting to 20 on the 2-3 and 3-2 shifts

Tuner in Training

Fixed It!!!!

Ok guys, reset 2-3 shift timing to stock values and a whole bunch of others shown in the attachment below, 2-3 shifts are gliding in now

I'm going to try and see what actually fixed it through process of elimination, just putting this out there for you

(attachment below)

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for posting this. I've got various issues with mine that I have not had time to work on. Finally got a day off and if I get it working better today I'll go to the track tonight.

I've had intermittent flaring and have not narrowed down the circumstances.
    I'm going to see how my setting compare to your changes.
    2020 C8 - just headers for now
    2007 Silverado 4.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkLS3 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I've got various issues with mine that I have not had time to work on. Finally got a day off and if I get it working better today I'll go to the track tonight.

I've had intermittent flaring and have not narrowed down the circumstances.
    I'm going to see how my setting compare to your changes.
    If you need a copy of my tune, let me know
    2008 Corvette C6 A6
    E force 599HP kit, 3.25 pulley
    ZR1 Cam, ATI Balancer
    160 stat, Dewitts Radiator
    LG 1 7/8 Superpros, delete cats, xpipe
    Century Built 6l80e, Ext. Transmission Cooler
    3200 Yank
    2.73 rear

Tuner in Training
    On another note that I've found out

After uploading any transmission tune, ALWAYS reset the Trans Adapts within the VCM controls before you start driving and testing your mods.
    2008 Corvette C6 A6
    E force 599HP kit, 3.25 pulley
    ZR1 Cam, ATI Balancer
    160 stat, Dewitts Radiator
    LG 1 7/8 Superpros, delete cats, xpipe
    Century Built 6l80e, Ext. Transmission Cooler
    3200 Yank
    2.73 rear

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgillies View Post
    Ok guys, reset 2-3 shift timing to stock values and a whole bunch of others shown in the attachment below, 2-3 shifts are gliding in now

I'm going to try and see what actually fixed it through process of elimination, just putting this out there for you

(attachment below)
    Thanks for posting what you've done! I have had issues with my 2-3 shift on my century built 6l80e and its been driving me insane. I tried everything except going back to the stock 2-3 settings. i just did that on the parameters you posted and it drives soooo much better. I've been tweaking the settings back towards century's values one by one. Only done a couple so far, but its still driving good. Eventually, I will figure out which table(s) were causing my issue. I'm just worried about leaving the pressures too low for the built tranny.

Keep us updated on what you figure out.