Thread: new tuner. am i doing this right?

new tuner. am i doing this right?

hey guys, i am new to tuning and have done a lot of reading and started to tune my car today. it is a 2000 formula ws6 with ls6 intake, k&n fipk, ported maf and tb, pasesetter lt headers, ory, magnaflow cb. i followed a SD VE and MAF Tuning Instructions rev3 and am just making sure i am doing this right. so far i have done several logs with my wideband and have come out with the attached ve table, i know it needs some smoothing but the car feels like it has quite a bit more power down low and feels pretty good up top to. the only problem im having is the car is demanding 14.6 aft (stoich) but no matter what i do it seems to stay at around 16-16.5 afr at a steady cruise. i just want to make sure i am headed in the right direction before i go any farther.
    Last edited by hodge9386; 03-15-2013 at 05:01 PM.

also this is the last log i did and the config im using. thanks

Just a quick look...

Work on smoothing spark tables and copy high octane to low octane.
    My original LS6 tables were a bit jagged also.
    Then copy Correctly to idle drive and park spark tables.

Will take more time and look deeper when I can.

Good luck.

i havent touched the spark tables yet, all i have done is the primary ve tuning. just trying to make sure i am headed in the right direction with the ve then ill move on to maf tuning.

can somebody tell me what im doing wrong? i dont think my ve tables look right.

well i decided that i didnt like it so i deleted everything i had except the stock tune and started over and it turned out much better this time. ill post the new one up later today.

Tuner
    if you are running 10% ethanol you have to move your stoich point

to what?

so it looks like i should change my stoich to 14.4 and if i do that i also need to change the stoich in the wideband to 14.4 (i use a lc-1) so it reads correctly.

i also noticed today that if i use my ltft's to tune under 4k it seems to come out better and work faster than using my wideband error to correct my ve table.

i think i have figured out why my it is not been working for me. i just realized that i have a secondary ve table and i have not touched it at all. from what i read i should be copying every other row from my main ve to my secondary ve so they match. it seemed like no matter what i did it didnt really change anything and my ltfts were super high. is this the reason why?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes that is the reason why.