Thread: I hear knock but no KR?

I hear knock but no KR?

I did not do the tune on this vehicle in question. Im just scanning and looking at the data. Is it possible that another "tuner" went in and desensitized the knock sensors so they are not picking up knock when they should. For example at low rpms under load I am 100% positive I hear a tiny bit of knock but when im looking at the laptop during this time period I see no KR.
    So is this knock all in my head or could I actually be having knock even with 0.0 KR?

Advanced Tuner
    Compare the file against a stock one and you'll have your answer
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

it could be bad crank bearing or damage to lifter causing a knock that has nothing to do with the timing/ignition knock you are concerned about. Does it occur under light load lugging situation which would be typical if timing is advance too much? If the knock is nearly constant and increases with RPMs, then it is most likely mechanical damage. I have had a stock lifter develop an problem with the roller after about 85K miles and it will cause a knock, as will a rod or main bearing of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesLinder View Post
    it could be bad crank bearing or damage to lifter causing a knock that has nothing to do with the timing/ignition knock you are concerned about. Does it occur under light load lugging situation which would be typical if timing is advance too much? If the knock is nearly constant and increases with RPMs, then it is most likely mechanical damage. I have had a stock lifter develop an problem with the roller after about 85K miles and it will cause a knock, as will a rod or main bearing of course.
    Definitely not any sort of bearing knock or lifter tick. I am sure of that. I hear octane knock.

where would I find an original data file for a 2002 corvette? I don't have the original, as I said I did not do the tune. Also if I scan the car while I drive i get 0.0 KR throughout the entire histogram. So obviously something is not reading properly. any tips for a novice HP Tuner on how to get the knock sensors working again?

222221637 is auto 20194314228 is a manul.