Thread: 100 MAF IAT not reading right? look here

100 MAF IAT not reading right? look here

Some of us who converted to the card style MAF LS3/7 etc are having issues with IAT not reading ambient even when pasting the correct IAT tables I have found that subtracting 12 on the IAT table gets my IAT at ambient with key on and engine off so that may work for some of you folks others it might not. If you have another solution for your platform please post below. I am running E40/LS4 but should also work for the LS2 guys as well

Potential Tuner
    I plan on running a breakout harness for the ls7 maf. Spear tech has a harness that is ls2 vehicle side , ls7 Maf sensor and a separate IAT sensor. Cost me 30 bucks

Senior Tuner
    spend 30 bucks at a local dealership for an ls1 iat sensor and pig tail and take the iat wires on the maf harness {two brown ones at the end of the harness} and move the iat sensor from the maf to somewhere else in the air intake line.

replace with stock iat tables, or ls1 tables.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Advanced Tuner
    FWIW
    http://www.lsxtune.com/shop/index.php/cPath/129_142
    This is the IAT sensor (14.99) I used, they also have the pigtail (7.99).

Senior Tuner
    welcome to 2006
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Quote Originally Posted by GXPLS4 View Post
    Some of us who converted to the card style MAF LS3/7 etc are having issues with IAT not reading ambient even when pasting the correct IAT tables I have found that subtracting 12 on the IAT table gets my IAT at ambient with key on and engine off so that may work for some of you folks others it might not. If you have another solution for your platform please post below. I am running E40/LS4 but should also work for the LS2 guys as well
    Where did you get your IAT table from. That is a different issue than what you posted before. You are saying that you are installing the correct Ohm reading for the new Hitachi and it is still off? The E40 has different axis on temp to Ohms, did you fix those also.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLoch View Post
    FWIW
    http://www.lsxtune.com/shop/index.php/cPath/129_142
    This is the IAT sensor (14.99) I used, they also have the pigtail (7.99).
    Those are good guys, they are down the street from us.

So how do you post an excel spreadsheet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbott View Post
    So how do you post an excel spreadsheet?
    Google drive it. post link
    Where did you get your IAT table from. That is a different issue than what you posted before. You are saying that you are installing the correct Ohm reading for the new Hitachi and it is still off? The E40 has different axis on temp to Ohms, did you fix those also.
    same issue i posted in the other thread and my fix which i found another thread that i applied to get it working. I used the corresponding LS7 IAT table when i did the MAF swap. My temps were still off and did what i mentioned to get me working.

Google drive it. post link

same issue i posted in the other thread and my fix which i found another thread that i applied to get it working. I used the corresponding LS7 IAT table when i did the MAF swap. My temps were still off and did what i mentioned to get me working.
    I'm a little perplexed by what you are saying on that. The reason is that I have to constantly fix this on E40. I build an airbox that is based around the new MAF but I update 05-07 Corvettes with the LS2 to run them. The 05 has the E40 and the 06-07 has the E38 but the same issue on upgrading the IAT. I have always just fixed the axis breaks when changing the transfer on the IAT. Until I started using the intune to send with the box's so customers would not have to send me their ecu. You can't change the axis when using Diablo's software so we had to do the conversion. The problem with the earlier thread is I showed the right way to do it and was attacked for it. I am not saying someone else method does not get the right results as some points, but my point was that the sensor was not linear and you can't test the thing through its curve. I tried before I knew the correct method to create the new curve, and I had help with it from engineers much smarter than me. I was trying to help you, not get attacked. The odd thing about the 12 degrees is that say at 95 degrees, the two sensors are 33 degrees apart. From 62 degrees to 140 or so degrees 33 is roughly the magic number, from their they go apart and closer together. That was my point about one number fixing everything, it really can't because there are a ton of variables that are off by more than one number. Testing it can be tricky also you have to have a known good source (test equipment) to do this. I know my external temp is sometimes accurate and sometimes not on any of my cars. So be it, but the whole intent of everything I posted was to help the OP and anyone else who asked the question. I don't react very well to name calling, I don't think you did earlier, but that is where the post went away from the subject.
    If you have HP you can change the axis points. What I mean by that is you if you look at the first cell it is a 48 on the E40 on the LS7 it is 58. You have to make that entire axis the same.
    Justin

I googled drive it, it did not come back with anything but videos and stuff on cars.

Tuner in Training
    Works for me as described in the other thread

I googled drive it, it did not come back with anything but videos and stuff on cars.
    If you have a google account there something called google drive similar to cloud if you have gmail look in the top where it has calender etc... youll see drive there you can upload documents and post links to your stuff

and for the IAT table essentially whats being done is changing the temps in relation to resistance similar to what youve been saying

If you have a google account there something called google drive similar to cloud if you have gmail look in the top where it has calender etc... youll see drive there you can upload documents and post links to your stuff

and for the IAT table essentially whats being done is changing the temps in relation to resistance similar to what youve been saying
    Got it, I thought you meant google drive it not a product of google.

So did you also change the axis or just the data?

Is that your actual iat transfer above?

Is that your actual iat transfer above?

Yea thats my IAT sensor cal table under ENGINE DIAG> thats initally i changed with the z06 table and then did the subtract 12 from the temp scale