Thread: turbo tuning questions?

Tuner in Training

turbo tuning questions?

Hi i am new to this tuning world since i am wanting to learn how to tune my car car i am not sure wether to buy the hp tuner vcm standard or the pro one. Also my other question is should i run o2 sensors before the turbo or would i be good running without them.

Sorry if i posted in the wrong section just new to this and want to learn thanks.

Only the Pro model has a direct analog input available to add your wideband O2 data directly into the recording without hassle.

Widebands should be placed downstream of the turbo. The increased backpressure between the engine and turbine skews the wideband reading and makes a slight rich signal look even richer than reality. You will get a more accurate reading closer to atmospheric pressure, just make sure you don't have any leaks in the system either.

Tuner in Training
    Okay so i should buy the pro i will buy it today. I do have my wideband 02 sensor about 3 foot from the turbo, but my main question is they told me i should run my standard narrowband sensors as well atleast the ones that go into the exhaust manifolds.

yes you should run front 02 sensors for cruizing not in boost (closed loop)
    97 k2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80/4x4 0411 pcm,thorley tri-y's,true duals(no cats),msd ign.,zz4 cam, tuned with efi live

Tuner in Training
    Oh ok i will take it to get some bungs welded on. Would stock 02 sensor be good or should i buy certain one?

Tuner in Training
    OK well i got my tuner now do you guys recommend me to take it somewhere first to get a basic tune on it or should i give it a try? im new to this so i dont wanna blow anything up.

Advanced Tuner
    Take it to a reputable tuner.

Tuner in Training
    Okay will do that. Was thinking maybe i could learn but i guess its too much to lose on learning.