Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 4

Tuner in Training
    Hey all,

So, I am trying to use this with my tune and vehicle, 2006 Sierra, 5.3 (1bar os).

When I try to copy the RPM Boundaries map, it just flashes red on me. I've tried it on 2 different computers to. I've also tried increasing the decimal points all the way out but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any thoughts or help?

Thanks in advance,

Tuner in Training
    Sorry if this has been answered already... I notice an LS3 Table in this version. Do we now use that, or stick with the LS2 table?

Quote Originally Posted by Tundramaro View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered already... I notice an LS3 Table in this version. Do we now use that, or stick with the LS2 table?
    My understanding is that the table format is entirely up to you. I started with the LS2 format, before i truly understood what i was doing. Now I have a custom format that goes from 0-150 kPa, because my truck produces 138-139 kPa max manifold pressure. The RPM range goes from 0-6800. My truck shifts at 6200-6300. I could get a little more resolution if i wanted to clip a bit more, but it works for me. I am still new at this so could be way off.

Blue Cat software and 2.5 Bar VE table issues

I know several of you have been having some issues with going from single bar to multiple bar VE tables. With my limited experience with the tool and use of the "Other Software", here is how I go about using the tool. If I am wrong, please chime in.

The first problem is the changing of the MAP boundaries when using the tool. Simply uncheck Auto Zone Boundaries on the main menu page and your inputted boundaries will not be altered.

The second problem is the "look" of the curve when you go from say the LS1 single bar to LS3 2.5 bar VE table. Again, if you look at the VE tables in the 'Other Software" they to have this ever increasing values as you go up in MAP which looks very strange. While not a degreed mathematician, I understand the GMVE polynomial equations result in larger and larger values as you go up in MAP. To resolve this, I copy and paste the 95 kPa row/column values into the 255 kPa row/column and multiply it by 3. You then interpolate between the 95 and 255 kPa row/column to fill in the balance of the table. This will leave you with a much more "realistic" looking table and can be tuned in the conventional manner.

The only BlueCat Tool set advise I have is 1) You can't seem to multiply the 255 row/column in the toolset VE table direct. To this, I copy and paste it into a blank excel sheet, multiply by my value and then copy/paste these new numbers back into the 255kPa row/column and 2) to interpolate, you select row/column 100 to 250 kPa and interpolate accordingly....either vertically or horizontally.

Hope someone smarter than I chimes in and tells me I am working too hard and has an easier approach :-)

Thanks,

Ed M
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

As Greg Banish has indicated, the easiest way to build a VE table is probably to calibrate the MAF, then build the VE table from MAF data, then paste it into EQ<>VE and deselect Auto Zone Boundaries as you mentioned, and then build the coefficients. You can create a custom histogram to build the VE table, and then use that same exact table format in EQ<>VE.

For my mild TVS1900 LS2 with LSA/LS9 MAP sensor, my table looks like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    I cant wait to try this out tom, Im so lost but I want to figure it out!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by griffincox View Post
    As Greg Banish has indicated, the easiest way to build a VE table is probably to calibrate the MAF, then build the VE table from MAF data, then paste it into EQ<>VE and deselect Auto Zone Boundaries as you mentioned, and then build the coefficients. You can create a custom histogram to build the VE table, and then use that same exact table format in EQ<>VE.

Hi, What is the MAP units used? G/Cyl, psi or KPA? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by sshhh View Post
    Hi, What is the MAP units used? G/Cyl, psi or KPA? Thanks in advance!
    MAP stands for manifold absolute pressure. It is typically measured in kPa. Atmospheric pressure is around 100 kPa.

Creating your VE table from MAF data is feasible and by theory sounds somewhat simple.....it apparently isn't and its secrets, while figured out by a few on this forum, is guarded tighter than the gold at Fort Knox To that, what I do is tune the VE up to 105 kPa Map and then do the multiply/interpolate to populate the boost portion of the table with "seed" data. As you begin to log/tune the boost area's, you can make sweeping % changes based on your results down each of the MAP columns (or rows) to zero in on the final table. takes a bit more time, but works pretty good for me.

Ed M

PS -- Now that I am retired, and getting settled in down here in Florida, I have added "VE out of MAF data" to my to-do list :-)
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Creating your VE table from MAF data is feasible and by theory sounds somewhat simple.....it apparently isn't and its secrets, while figured out by a few on this forum, is guarded tighter than the gold at Fort Knox To that, what I do is tune the VE up to 105 kPa Map and then do the multiply/interpolate to populate the boost portion of the table with "seed" data. As you begin to log/tune the boost area's, you can make sweeping % changes based on your results down each of the MAP columns (or rows) to zero in on the final table. takes a bit more time, but works pretty good for me.

Ed M

PS -- Now that I am retired, and getting settled in down here in Florida, I have added "VE out of MAF data" to my to-do list :-)
    Although I didn't actually start from scratch as Greg and other have done and recommended I did mess around with this as a proof of concept one day. In the PID list is a parameter for "GMVE". It provides a GMVE value. I also did a custom calculated PID for GMVE to compare. This manual calculation basically requires the MAF calculated airflow in g/sec or lb/hr, etc and the rpm, temp, etc. If this sounds right, I will do a little tutorial on how to achieve an approximate VE table with a calibrated MAF. If this sounds way off then I guess I am as lost as you are...

Tuner in Training
    MAP stands for manifold absolute pressure. It is typically measured in kPa. Atmospheric pressure is around 100 kPa.
    thank you!

Tuner in Training
    A while back I created a histogram for mafs ve error, basically spits out the error percentage between the two. The histogram is identical to your regular wbo2 ve error histogram but calculates the percentage difference between mafs & ve lbs.

I haven't actually tried applying the corrections yet to build edit a ve map from the mafs to see how well things workout, was just messing around to see how it worked.
    2009 CTS-V Sedan
    Lingenfelter 650 kit, ID850, AR 1.875" Headers, SW 3" Exhaust, Hptuners pro

Tuner in Training
    Although I didn't actually start from scratch as Greg and other have done and recommended I did mess around with this as a proof of concept one day. In the PID list is a parameter for "GMVE". It provides a GMVE value. I also did a custom calculated PID for GMVE to compare. This manual calculation basically requires the MAF calculated airflow in g/sec or lb/hr, etc and the rpm, temp, etc. If this sounds right, I will do a little tutorial on how to achieve an approximate VE table with a calibrated MAF. If this sounds way off then I guess I am as lost as you are...
    Sorry to bother again, How do I create the histogram that looks like the bluecat software? So the X is RPM and Y is MAF but what is the PID? I cant seem to find VE Error or should I be looking for a sensor instead?

Tuner
    hello is this still available i have tried to look and searched but did not see a link or a place to download i saw this in action last night and was very impressed so much so i would like to try it out. is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by littless View Post
    hello is this still available i have tried to look and searched but did not see a link or a place to download i saw this in action last night and was very impressed so much so i would like to try it out. is this possible?
    First post of this thread has the download link.

Quote Originally Posted by sshhh View Post
    Sorry to bother again, How do I create the histogram that looks like the bluecat software? So the X is RPM and Y is MAF but what is the PID? I cant seem to find VE Error or should I be looking for a sensor instead?

You can create a histogram with the same axis as EQ<>VE. The beauty of EQ<>VE is that you can also create custom axis for the VE table. So the entire thing is totally customizable. You can also flip the x and y-axis to your liking. The PID to plot in the histogram will be lambda error (if using a wideband). If you are not using a wideband, then I am not sure how people calibrate using fuel trims and such (no experience). As for wideband setup and lambda error calculation, search. There is plenty of info on it.

Tuner in Training
    FYI. I am new to tuning The first car i did since my 02 veto is a 08 suburban 5.3 and I am sitting here trying to figure out what happened to my VE tables. Your program is great It works great Thank you so much.

Advanced Tuner
    is there a post that gives a step by step guide on using this software?

Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    is there a post that gives a step by step guide on using this software?
    Quick tutorial on BlueCat.doc

Something I ginned up, not perfect but should help....again don't forget to uncheck auto zone boundaries box on home page.

Ed M

[email protected]

Tuning Addict
    Greg has a brief tutorial on youtube on how to set up your histogram, then you can datalog longterm fuel trims or an A/F sensor error for your corrections to use on your generated VE table.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC